Sunday, October 14, 2007

Dreaming . . .

So I'm getting ready to leave for China -- I actually should be packing right now -- and I can't stop thinking about a conversation I had with pastor Paul over lunch. Adam and I have been feeling quite sure we're called to some sort of ministry in the city .. . I'm just not exactly sure what that means for me (he knows he wants to teach - lucky him) Pastor Paul told me two things that I want to spend time thinking and praying about while I'm on my two week jaunt across the far east . . .
1- If it's a dream I can accomplish with my own strength, then it's not a "God dream" - In other words, I need to dream SO big that I'll fail without God . . .
2- Maybe I dont know exactly what I "want to do with my life" but I do know some things I would like to do (as far as serving downtown) - so what's stopping me?

So as I'm packing up and realizing that I'm about to spend 24 hours on a plane (fun stuff) I want to spend some of that time in prayer and seeking the Lord's dreams, and figuring out what He wants me to start doing NOW to serve Him in the mission field He's leading us to . . .

1 comment:

  1. Becca...I know you have been struggling w/what should I do with my life for some time now. All I can say is...What is your passion? What gets you excited? What gives you energy? Whatever it is that does that in your heart...in your spirit...go after it with zeal. You will "know in your knower" what the answer is to those questions.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...