Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tears and Pregnancy (aka raging hormones)

For those of you who know me (which is probably all of you because I'm not sure who else would read our blog), you know that I can tend to be a somewhat emotional person on a good day. I blame my mom, who bursts into tears anytime I even mention her grandchild-to-be's name. But I digress . . .

Add in my pregnancy hormones, and I tend to be what I would describe as "slightly" irrational in my emotional levels. For instance, the other day I decided to mop the floor (this decision was not the result of any desire to clean but rather as a desire not to be embarrassed by the muddy pawprints all over the new hardwoods when friends came over later that day). After what felt much like running a marathon (although it was really just running a mop over a not-so-large floor) I collapsed on the couch in exhaustion to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Just moments later, the dogs ran back across the gleaming hardwoods, leaving muddy prints all over. I burst into tears; or rather, loud ugly sobs. It was hopeless, just HOPELESS. What was the point of cleaning the floors? In fact, what was the point of doing anything at all? Clearly, I was a complete and utter failure . . .

Eventually, I was able to pull myself together and cheer up by watching about 8 episodes of the House marathon (although I cried at some point in every one) and watching my Bulldogs win (particularly THIS part cheered me up)

Anyhow, that evening during my quiet time I stumbled across this verse: “You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.” Psalm 56:8 What a beautiful, amazing promise! God cares about every single one of my tears, even those irrational crazy pregnant ones. And you know what? That makes things seem a whole lot less hopeless after all!

1 comment:

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...