Monday, October 27, 2008

Living in the Now

"Even seemingly meaningless activities are used by God as tool to guide us toward His plans. Never think your circumstances are disconnected from God's leading and His will. Don't spend your time wishing you could get out of the season of life you are in; rather, spend your time looking fervently at God's hand in your situation."

Isn't it so easy to just wish your life away? I mean, while I was pregnant I couldn't wait for Jayci to get here; when she was born, I couldn't wait to take her home from the hospital; then I couldn't wait for her to start smiling, cooing, babbling etc . . . but I could keep going on and on wishing for the next milestone until before you know it, she's leaving for college! I don't want to wake up one day and realize how much I've missed.

I know that God has me right where He has me for a purpose. He is teaching me something while I stay at home with my little Jayci, getting her to smile and listening to her babble. So today I pray that I will notice His hand in it, see the miracle He has performed in giving us Jayci and be thankful for every moment!

1 comment:

  1. Though I am in a totally different season.. I too find myself wishing away my days. Way too often! This note hit home and was just a good reminder to me! Thanks, I love you lots!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...