Friday, November 21, 2008

5 Things I Want Jayci to Know


1-Who she is in Christ: Being that my insecurities and awareness of all my shortcomings are some of the biggest struggles I face on a daily basis, I want Jayci to always remember the truth about who she is in Christ. That the cliche is true: inner beauty really is far more important than outer beauty. "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment. . . Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight" (1 Peter 3:3-4).
2-There are way more important things than being "cool": I spent far too much of my life chasing after popularity, or what I thought was cool. But the truth is that there are lots of "cool" kids who are real jerks. It's so much more important to stand up for what is right and make the right decisions, regardless of what the cool/popular kids think about you.
3-People who make fun of you are just jealous or insecure: Having had my fair share of mean words/cruel jokes directed towards me, I've finally realized this truth. Everyone has their own insecurities, which some people try to cover up by putting down others. So love those who persecute or tease you, and remember that what other people say doesn't change who you are.
4-You are responsible for your own choices - I know it's tempting to blame your teacher when you fail, or a friend when things go wrong, or me (and I'm sure I'll make my share of mistakes). But the truth is that you alone are finally responsible for who you are and what you do.
5-Jesus loves you! I know it sounds obvious and childish, but the truth is that if you know this deep down inside, you will never lack for anything. The knowledge of how loved you are by your Creator will make you a secure person, will ground your life in a relationship with Him and will free you up to be who He created you to be.

2 comments:

  1. pray, hope, love and these 5 things will become who she is. You're a wonderful mother....
    xxxxxxxxxx mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, heartfelt post! Thank you for the reminder to all of us.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...