Friday, December 5, 2008

7 Quick Takes Friday

I decided to join in on Conversion Diary's fun and create my own 7 Quick Takes Friday (because 7 random thoughts are obviously easier to come by than one full one these days . . . )

1. Clearly, jalapenos are from the devil (why else would they make little Jayci scream bloody murder??!) . . . next time someone needs to seriously shoot me before letting me eat one bite containing anything even resembling one of those little monsters! Which is unfortunate, because I do love the spicy Mexican fare.

2. About 3 weeks ago, Adam and I bought a very large can of powdered hot chocolate mix from BJ's. So large, in fact, that big red letters on the label declare it "perfect for offices and day care." It may or may not be 2/3 gone already . . .

3. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow - I love visiting our kids downtown, and then we get to go cut our own Christmas tree (for free! thanks mom and dad!), and then I get to watch the Florida/Alabama game - and I do love me some college football.

4. I seriously LOVE Christmas time: The smells (pumpkin pie, apple cider, Christmas trees - what could be better?!), the music, the movies, the decorations . . . Honestly, I can't think of many things I love more than this time of the year. We've started decorating our house a little already and hopefully we will get the rest of it finished this weekend. I'm much further behind on my Christmas shopping than usual - but I'm chalking that up to being a new mom and how much harder the shopping is with a little one who tends to scream loudly every time I put her in her car seat.


5. Since Jayci's swing is making sounds resembling a dying cat, and it doesn't exactly swing anymore, I'm guessing it needs new batteries. Now this seems entirely impossible considering how recently we put in brand new D batteries (4 of them!) For those of you who don't know, batteries are a little expensive. However, the expense is well worth a few minutes of peace while Jayci enjoys the soothing nature sounds and spinning creatures. But considering the number of batteries her swing eats up, Adam and I have decided that the baby swing makers are clearly in cahoots with the battery companies. Why else would a large, stationary object be battery operated rather than plugged in?! (I mean, other than safety issues or other such nonsense)

6. Adam and I have some pretty exciting, rather large changes coming soon in our life (and no we're not pregnant again -- that wouldn't be exciting at this moment)I don't really want to say a lot about it yet, but I'd love your prayers and support as we step out in faith and follow the Lord's leading in our lives.

7. This is seriously the creepiest toy ever made. . . Why would anyone ever think this was a good idea? (I mean, I know I have a bird phobia - but does anyone NOT think this is creepy?) It actually kind of makes me shudder just looking at it.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! Very strange doll! You have to send this to BooMama! Oh, I'm kidding...I don't know that she could take seeing it. Might give her nightmares for years, and we don't want to encourage her bird phobia, do we? LOL (She was the first person I thought of when I saw that pic.) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...