Monday, December 15, 2008

Come on in and Merry Christmas!

Hello! And welcome to our humble home! I decided to take part in BooMama's Holiday Tour of Homes this year - I hope you enjoy your visit!
BooMamaChristmasTour
Here's our front door -- I just now noticed from the picture that our lights are falling around the window . . . . nice. Just keeping it real here.
When you walk in the door, here's what you see - our little entry table all decked out for the season. And here's our 8.5 foot tree, and our mantel all decorated and festive. Luckily, it only fell once, and that was when there were no ornaments on it - so far so good!
In case you couldn't tell, I like to keep the JOY in our holidays around here :-)This is from forever ago, I got it somewhere at an after-Christmas sale (the best way to shop!)
Adam's grandmother made us these stockings -- they're not my usual style, but I love them for the time she put into them and for their sentimental value :-)

Now, I'd offer you some refreshments - but Adam and I just polished off our huge can of hot chocolate mix, and I'm not much of a cook (ok not at all actually)

However, I do have a FANCY recipe for you (I bring it to every party where I have to bring a dish and everyone loves it) I like to call it "heaven on a chip" (or cheesy corn dip)

Now pay close attention because it's a little tricky:
2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
2 cans mexicorn
Mix the ingredients with just enough mayonnaise to hold it all together, put it in a casserole dish and pop it in the oven on 350 for 30 minutes -- and voila -- cheesy, corn-y goodness!

And finally, my favorite little addition to our home this year - Jayci, all decked out in her party dress and fancy french hat.

Thanks for coming by! If you haven't yet, head over to BooMama's place and enjoy the holiday decor/fun.

18 comments:

  1. Your home is lovely...so warm and inviting. The entry table and the tree are beautiful (and so is your daughter).
    Thanks for having me over...
    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks so cute!! So warm and inviting!! Thanks for sharing!! What a precious baby you have! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree is ginormous AND beautiful! I've never ventured out into the after-Christmas shopping but after looking at all these decorations I will be. Also, scrolled down through some of your more recent posts and the one about the 10 essentials for a baby girl was hilarious. Very clever...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved all your decor,but I loved the sweet baby the best :0) :0)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love that you are keeping the "joy" in your house this Christmas! Your baby girl is so precious! Thanks for sharing your home! Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh...thanks for letting me in! I love your home and your baby is sooo smooshy...She is so sweet!
    What a treat! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home and family. I love the JOY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the table in your entry way, but I agree that your best holiday decoration is Jayci! She's adorable!

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...simply adorable litte girl! Beautiful home beautifully decorated, too. I hope y'all have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your rustic touches! We used to live in Woodstock in the neighborhood, Serenade, near downtown. What a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your JOY! The wall hanging AND the cute little bundle in the beret.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so pretty. Thank you for stopping by and saying Hi.

    Warm Regards

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a precious baby girl! Love her beret. :) I love how you put the letters on your tree. Everything is so warm and cozy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful home! thanks for sharing. i think jayci is the best part :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home is lovely. Thanks for the recipe -- I will have to try it! And your baby is beautiful. Thanks for letting me visit!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute, cute, cute!!! Your daughter is Aaaadorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your house! It looks so warm and inviting for Christmas. And your newest little decoration is a doll! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stopping over from Kimba's...

    Everything looks great! I really like your tree and I love the painting over your fireplace. And what a sweet baby!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...