Sunday, December 7, 2008

Our Halls are Decked

Thanks to my parents, Adam and I were able to get a nice, big REAL tree this year. They gave us their free tree from Berry Patch Farms. So we bundled Jayci up (in a blue fuzzy snowsuit-thing, which caused everyone to exclaim: "He is so cute, what an adorable little boy!" Whatever.)

In an effort to be good stewards, we picked the biggest, most expensive tree they had, which was a whopping 8.5 ft tall and would have cost us $100.

We (and by "we" I mean Adam) dragged the giant tree inside, chopped off the top to make it fit in our house, and stood it up. We left it there so the branches would settle before decorating it (also, because at this point we were too tired from all the dragging to actually put lights on or other such nonsense.)

We managed to put off the decorating all night, and left the tree while we went to church the next morning. When we got back from church, Adam brought Jayci inside while I gathered various and sundry items from the car. When I got inside, I gasped and Adam asked "what?" Apparently, he had somehow failed to notice that our 8.5 foot tree was now laying across our living room floor, broken branches, dropped pine needles, and our entire mantel display, strewn in its wake.

Finally, we were able to get the tree back up, more securely anchored, and decorated - just in time for Christmas. Oh I kid, but seriously - it was a task. But it was so worth it! I just love Christmas and seeing the tree lit up every night, not to mention inhaling its amazing scent, is such a treat.

6 comments:

  1. what a beautiful tree! I love how you have it decorated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty! Love the mantel too. It looks like a photo from a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tree. Thanks for sharing, and for visiting my Northern Ireland blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful tree! Great selection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is nothing like a real tree is there? Your home looks beautiful and inviting. Thanks for stopping by my home as well. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you! A big real tree and for free. Ya can't beat that!

    Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...