Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

This is actually something I got tagged a few (or 20) times to do on Facebook, but thought I'd put it up here for those of you (hi mom!) who are interested.

1. I love Diet Coke, like I could easily drink 6 or 7 a day and be fine with it (I don't! geez) But I gave it up cold turkey when I was pregnant because Adam was worried about all the aspartame . . . if that doesn't prove I love Jayci nothing will.

2. I was born in Canada and am still a Canadian. Don't worry, I'm legal - I have a green card.

3. I always thought I would love cooking/cleaning/being a housewife. Turns out I was wrong. Come see how messy/dirty my house is if you don't believe me.

4. I eat Mexican food at LEAST twice a week. Because nothing is better than free chips and salsa and LOTS of cheese. Oh and the waiter at our fav Mexican joint knows us so well that he said our 4 month old daughter should be the girlfriend of his 4 month old son, who is in Mexico.

5. Speaking of cheese, I hold firmly to the belief that cheese makes everything taste better.

6. I am a sucker for inspirational sports movies.

7. I am terrified of birds. Seriously, it's a phobia.

8. My husband and I met in our high school chemistry class. Adam likes to say "we had chemistry," because he's clever like that.

9. I used to be ultra-competitive (can I get an amen Emma and Sarah?) but Adam told me I needed to get anger management while I was playing cards on a church retreat, and I don't really care about winning anymore.

10. I love decorating my house. In fact, I'm just about out of wall space and room for all the furniture.

11. When I was in elementary school, I had to take a taxi once a week to another school for the gifted kids. Let me tell you how good that was for the social life.

12. I am almost 5'11 - People are always surprised that I am this tall. I think it's because I slouch.

13. My daughter's hair always sticks straight up. Today, one of my kiddos downtown explained to his mom that one time Adam was messing with her hair and now it's "stuck wild" (I know, this one's not technically about me)

14. I am a terrible swimmer. I mean I can float and doggie paddle, but I have never learned how to properly freestyle or breast stroke or anything like that.

15. I love reading. A lot.

16. I am not sure how people parented (or lived really) without the internet. I Google everything.

17. I threw up on the side of the road minutes before Adam proposed to me.

18. I have a very large extended family. Like more than 30 first cousins.

19. There are few things I love more than writing people hand-written notes.

20. I'm really not a huge music person. I prefer silence most of the time. Except I like to listen to music in the car, just not too loud - cause then I get stressed.

21. I am extremely uncoordinated and not graceful at all. This is just one of many things I'd like to change about myself.

22. My neighbor likes to lift weights in his driveway while wearing AC Slater pants, muscle shirts, and listening to Christian rap. Again, not about me - but still random, and funny.

23. My husband is the funny, outgoing one in our relationship -- I am an introvert and quite introspective. We balance each other well and he helps me feel way more comfortable in social situations.

24. There are few things I hate more than group projects. Except maybe public speaking.

25. I like action movies and watching sports, especially football.

4 comments:

  1. It was great to learn more about you :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you heard andy gullahorn's cheese song? it is called Alien Conspiracy. http://youtube.com/watch?v=o5pWhpnV6CM

    it is funny and about cheese at mexican restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we do have a lot in common! i'm so glad you left a comment over at my place so i could come "meet" you:)

    um, cheese is the best thing ever, and vegan are CRAZY.

    and i cracked up at your ac slater-pants-wearing neighbor! i hate a gym teacher who rocked that look--but he had the excuse that it was the early 90s!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto on 3, 5, 10, 12, 15, and 21.
    Your blog refreshes me. Or at least makes me feel like I'm not alone in the world. I'm with ya on SO many levels!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...