Sunday, February 1, 2009

How Long Can I Use the Excuse that I Just Had a Baby?

I would like to start off by saying that this is my 100th post. Wohoo!

So I just realized (even though it is now 3pm) that Jayci and I are wearing nearly identical shirts. This is disconcerting for 2 reasons.
1 - I own a shirt that matches my four month old daughter's
2 - Before you know it we are going to be that family that wears full on matching outfits to church. And I'm going to sew them. Once, you know, I learn how to sew more than semi-straight lines.

So this weekend was busy (what else is new?) but fantastic. We started off with a big milestone: Jayci's first sleepover at her grandparents house. Apparently she actually slept, which I find hard to believe since she is clearly training her body to exist on just minutes of sleep every day.

It was a nice break for Adam and I, we started off by going out for dinner at Sugo in Roswell (for which we had a gift certificate courtesy of our award-winning white chili). I tell you what, it was some of the best service and most delicious food I have ever tasted. And then, because we are wild and crazy, we went over to my parent's house (they were out of town -- party!) and had my sister make us some delicious coconut brownies (I mean seriously good). We watched "The Express" (the Ernie Davis story), which I loved because, as I may have mentioned, I am a sucker for inspirational sports movies. And then we went home and went to sleep. For 8 hours straight. Praise Jesus.

Saturday we went downtown for visitation, went to church for some sweet worship and then Adam had to be a judge for his school's "What-a-Man" competition. It turns out this is basically a male beauty pageant involving pick-up-lines, dance moves, and some seriously hilarious high schoolers. I was laughing so hard I may have scared Jayci.

Sunday was, of course, Metro Kidz. And then we took a bunch of our kiddos to Moe's for lunch. They love to yell "Welcome to Moe's" whenever they see us now. And then we watched the Super-bowl at a friends house while Jayci stayed awake really late in amazing feats of strength. I seriously was not kidding when I said she is training herself not to need any sleep. None!

Unfortunately, all the excitement made it impossible for Adam and I to stay awake and watch The Office. Hallelujah for modern technology (aka DVR). Oh and I do have somewhat of a dilemma tonight because our DVR does not allow us to record more than 2 shows at once (and you have to watch one of the 2 shows you record)And since House, Chuck and the Bachelor are all on tonight, I'm a little conflicted and may have a nervous breakdown trying to decide what to do.

In other news, it is now 3:45pm and Jayci STILL has not taken a nap today. And yes, this insightful post took me 45 minutes to write. In my defense, it has all been typed with one hand.

Oh and I think her hair may be starting to calm down. . . . or not.

6 comments:

  1. You just crack me up! I'll tell you what I would do! Watch the Bachelor, and record House. Then watch Chuck online tomorrow!!!!!

    Sam gives me a hard time about scheduling our lives around TV. Even with DVR! I really need to give it up, but it's really hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love Jayci's hair! So cute! Oh, and explain the "kiddo's thing to me". Is this like volunteer work, or have you somewhat adopting these precious "kiddos". Jayci looks just like her daddy is that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello new friend! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I just LOVE yours, so I'm so glad that you found me!! I'm looking forward to reading more from you. You are absolutely hilarious. And that baby girl of yours sure is precious! (I'm a sucker for babies.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!! That picture of your baby girl is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! That picture of your little girl is soooooo cute!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is adorable and i love the wild child hair:)

    i totally watched the bachelor, taped gossip girl (i know, even more embarassing than the bachelor!), and watched how i met your mother in the middle. i'm glad i'm not the only monday night tv addict!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by my blog. And if you find the answer to "How Long can I use the excuse that I just had a baby?" please let me know. My little pumpkin is 20 weeks (a tad bit over 4 months) and I still use that excuse. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...