Sunday, February 8, 2009

Laying my Burdens Down

Last night at church, we were invited to take communion and lay down OUR burdens and pick up HIS yoke instead. The thing is, we take communion every week. I KNOW that Christ offers to take our burdens and to carry our loads. But I forget. My memory is so short and my emotions are so hay-wire. But this week, for the first time in a long time, I really DID lay those burdens down at the foot of the cross.

And the Lord reminded me in that sweet time we spent together of something really important: He is still on the throne.

When I am stressed and overwhelmed with trying to get Jayci to sleep for naps and bedtime: He is still on the throne.

When my house is a mess, and the dogs leave footprints all over the floors and across the couches: He is still on the throne.

When I am barely functioning on 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep, and can barely talk through my hoarse throat and cough: He is still on the throne.

When we don't know how we're going to raise money to live on support in difficult economic times: He is still on the throne.

When the media is shouting about how awful everything is and doom and gloom and more doom and greater gloom: He is still on the throne.

When I can't love or trust myself and I can't see past my appearance or lack-thereof: He is still on the throne.

Even when our kiddos downtown don't get enough to eat every day, when they're abused and neglected: He is still on the throne.

My heart rests secure in the knowledge that despite the troubles we WILL face in this world, Christ has overcome and reigns victorious.

Now if I can just remember to LEAVE those burdens at the foot of the cross rather than picking them right back up like I usually do . . .

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a beautiful reminder Becca. I needed it, so thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, loved this!!!! Thanks for the sweet and gentle reminder to lay my burdens at the foot of the cross each day! Be blessed today!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, loved this post. As you get older and your kid(s) grow up this will be even more of a comfort to you. Have a blessed day, Becca.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...