Friday, February 27, 2009

A Little Rainy Day Love

I'll be honest, there's nothing i love more than a rainy day when I have nothing to do. Well technically I guess I have WORK to do, but whatever. And this rainy day feels almost like a dream come true because Jayci has been asleep in her crib for an hour and a half (what? seriously?!) and the dogs are both snoring too. Now if only I didn't have all that pesky work to do, then I could take a nap too and today would basically be like heaven right here in my little house.

This is short today because, like I may have mentioned, I have WORK to do. But just thought the internet should know that I am like super-mom, because Jayci is now napping for hours at a time IN HER CRIB. Anyone who needs parenting advice is welcome to email me anytime.

Oh I kid. Because if there's anything I've learned in my 5 months as a mom, it's that babies really do go through these little things called "phases." Just when I think I've got Jayci all figured out, she throws me a curveball and I swing and miss big time. I reminded myself this morning of some important truths about parenting and grace learned from much wiser friends. Because another thing I need to work on as a parent is not panicking when Jayci goes through a difficult phase (remember the last two months Becca? When she flat-out refused to sleep?). I have somewhat of a short-term memory when it comes to being a parent, wife, etc. And remembering God's faithfulness through the hard times is something I need to work on for the easier times, lest I start fooling myself into thinking that I'm the one doing something right. Because if ever I start thinking I have everything under control, I am usually quickly reminded that "In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps" (Proverbs 16:9).

I leave you with a picture of sweet Jayci from earlier this week (when the sun was shining). I tried taking a picture without the flash (which means my camera cannot be on AUTO . . . uh oh!) and here's what I ended up with.

*You can see more flash-less pictures at You Capture. Enjoy!

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is ABSOLUTELY precious. You are exactly right, we are never at the point where we know it all and we have it all under control. Loved this :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little eyes just make me smile... she is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness - how absolutely beautiful!

    Thank you so much for stopping by our blog and for your sweet comment! I wish we all lived closer, or at least had a big I Heart Faces shindig every year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful picture. OH, yes! The phases!! I find myself saying this a lot: "IF you don't like change, become a parent, because you will have to learn how to like it!!"

    ha. fat chance, right?? I am right there with you in the seasons of parenting, and my memory for 'making it through the latest change' seems to be skewed as well. sigh.

    they are SUCH a joy. The hardest, craziest joy ever. love em to PIECES!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this picture is stunning! The light is perfect and she just makes me smile! Beautiful capture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your insight. Isn't amazing how they reveal how inadequate we are? Another way God shows us how much we need Him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. a wonderful picture! the colors are beautiful as well as the subject.... :-)

    rosellafan (Paula)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! What a great picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Becca, I got your comment and looked up your blog and saw you mentioning a rainy day, and I thought - wow! it's raining here too! - and I checked your location, and we're kinda close! I'm in Charleston, SC, which I know is a bit away from Atlanta, but you're closer than all my relatives! Thanks for your comment! So nice to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! She is beautiful! And I like her hair bow. :)

    -Erin

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...