Monday, March 16, 2009

And we might be in trouble when she's a teenager

This week's theme at I Heart Face is GREEN. I know you're all GREEN with envy that I was in Puerto Rico last week. And I have a fun picture from our trip of Jayci with her opa while he teased her with his GREEN Heineken bottle. He said he was going to be in trouble for this picture, and let me just say he is. Also, if her eagerness for Heineken is any indicator, Jayci might give us a run for our money when she hits the dreaded teenage years.

The rest of our Puerto Rico trip was uber-fun. We mostly just ate a lot of food. Which, by the way, is what my family does best. I discovered where my habit of frantically stuffing my face when I eat comes from: If I turned my back on my family for a second because I had to give Jayci a bottle or something, the chips and salsa were completely gone by the time I turned back. And that, my friends, is a tragedy. This is why, from a young age, I learned the art of stuffing my face at a rapid pace. It was survival I tell you.

Also, Adam watched my sister's dog for her while we were on vacation. To thank him, she made a delicious, super-rich chocolate cake. Including homemade icing and a salted caramel layer in the middle. . . I may or may not have had a piece with breakfast and another with lunch today. I remain baffled as to why I cannot lose this baby weight. Completely baffled.

Oh and dont forget to hop over to I Heart Faces to see more fun green pictures!

37 comments:

  1. that is too funny! we have a few pictures like this of our girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute!!!
    wow. I need a vacation!!!! so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pic - too funny! Glad ya'll had a great trip. And after reading your family heritage of face-stuffing, I think we may be related.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee, hee. this is super cute.
    great photo and it's cool how you brought out the green in the heineken bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - that is hilarious. What a great photo for the memory books. So glad you all had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the creativity in finding your green. She's adorable. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That picture is awesome!! It is beautiful. If only it weren't heineken she was after. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny, funny! She looks like she is enthralled! :)

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too funny and WAY too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious! Jayci better not become a bad influence on Katelyn!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun post! : ). Love your green. Very creative : ). I don't know if Child Protective Services would think it is creative...but who cares about them. She is so adorable! I am glad you could go on a relaxing trip! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That picture is hilarious! She is a cutie, just hope she treats you well when she's a teenager! (o:

    Sounds like a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah oh. eyeballing that beer. My son is very attracted to my red bull cans.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! glad you had a wonderful trip!! Glad to have you back:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oops, where's that padlock? Cute cute. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We have a few of those pictures and our daughter's mouth is much closer to the bottle.
    Lucky you to have been in PR last week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this selective color! Great pic for the holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, too funny! LOVE the picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for stopping by my blog www.bitofbliss.blogspot.com! i love this post. so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute! This is one to save for her 21st birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the picture! And the that cake sounds super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is funny! Wish I had been sitting on the beach! :) Happy 6 month B-day Jayci!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for stopping by! LOL! That is hilarious! Great photo!!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful! And perfect for St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is a riot!! I've had a great time browsing through your blog...thanks for visiting ours, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is a great picture! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  27. hehe Love it!!!

    My midget loves beer too! What's up with babies and beer? I've been known to drink a few, but it's not my favorite thing in the world.

    Thanks for stopping by to say hi to my little Green Bean!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Woohoo! I was so excited to see your photo in the top 10 this week!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congrats on your 10th place with this photo!

    Oh and I like that you use words like "uber", I too am an "uber" user. ;)

    BlogBaby

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am so glad you won : ). You are the coolest. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  31. So cute and funny and excellent use of selective color!!! Congratulations on your wonderful top ten winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. CONGRATULATIONS!! I heart this photo. It's priceless. Love the editing. I'm so green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  33. ooohhh...you were one of the winners on iheartfaces.com. congrats! so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...