Wednesday, March 4, 2009

An Anniversary Post

Three years ago today, I was at my wedding. Well since it's almost midnight, I guess I was just getting back to the hotel. What a crazy, amazing day it was. I remember so clearly how rainy and freezing it was before and after March 4th. But the day of? It dawned bright and clear, the wind was blowing but the sun was shining. Granted, it was a little chilly, but it definitely could have been worse. It turns out I was far more relaxed than I thought I would be. Friends and family surrounded me, and I was so covered in prayer and in love. Besides, it was a dream come true marrying my high-school sweetheart. And have I mentioned that the cheesy romance? I love it.

I have so many memories of loved ones (some of whom are now gone) and friends and laughter and food. Lots of food. Because a macaroni and cheese bar? That, my friends, is perfection.

I actually have a funny/interesting story to share from our wedding night (and no, it's not scandalous. geez. Get your mind out of the gutter). But it's late, and I'm tired. So I will share it tomorrow. That's a promise.

I am more in love with my hubby today than I was the day we got married. And I'm not just saying that. I am pretty darn lucky to be married to my man, and don't think I don't know it. So I'd like to share three reasons I love Adam. Why three you ask? Well, clearly, we have been married for three years - and also, I dont have the time or energy to think of more than three right now.

1. He is absolutely, unequivocally, the most fun person I know. And by that I mean that he is not a rule follower like me. I'm the stick-in-the-mud in this relationship. He is also not insecure about himself like I am. Therefore, he has no problem with practicing his "freestyle walking" in the housing projects of Atlanta. He doesn't care about singing and playing air-guitar for his high school students. He will bust out with dance moves like the wash-and-rinse for anyone and everyone. Me? I am not nearly as fun. This is just one reason why Adam's good for me. He forces me out of my shell and helps me loosen up and enjoy myself.

I just realized how boring and terribly un-likable that made me sound. Normally I like to keep y'all thinking I'm cool. Unfortunately I'm not. So there it is. Hopefully you'll still like me and keep reading . . .

2. He has a tender, sweet heart. Despite the fact that in many ways he is "all boy," Adam also has no problem shedding a little tear, even for a good romantic movie like The Notebook. Many a time he has cried with me and for me, encouraging me and loving me even when I totally don't deserve it. Oh and the tenderness also makes him a FANTASTIC dad, which is one of the most endearing and amazing things about him. I think I fall a little more in love with him every time I see him cuddle our daughter and hold her close or whisper in her ear. Sigh.

3. He loves Jesus. Really loves Him. And serves Him with an abandon and faith that is refreshing, encouraging, and challenging. He leads our family closer daily to the Lord. And NOTHING could be more important or more wonderful than that.

Happy Anniversary my love. Here's to many, many more wonderful years together!

10 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful bride you were...truly stunning.

    And a macaroni & cheese bar? I think I just realized what was missing from my own wedding. That is genius!

    P.S. I just posted a wedding related post as well. I'm tellin' ya, kindred spirits...

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW SWEET IS THAT!!! Beautiful pictures!!!! Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

    Hey, I'm going to be in Atlanta in August for the Women of Faith Conference, are you by chance going???? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! I cant believe it has already been 3 years! Seems like yesterday I was getting a sneak peak at that gorgeous ring Adam picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO sweet! Happy Anniversary!! I love that first picture of ya'll!! Here's to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Great pictures.. you made a beautiful bride.. & love the colors of your bridemaids dresses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWWWWWW! That was so sweet. :)

    Your wedding looks like it was an amazing affair. Beautiful!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so sweet! happy anniversary!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like a beautiful day!!!!!! happy anniversary!!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wedding looks gorgeous! Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I am so glad I bookmarked your blog after the I heart faces comment you left me. Happy Anniversary! I've been married for almost 14 years, almost 1/2 my life and mimic many of your words. It does truly get better with time as long as you continue to keep Jesus first. That wasn't always the case for us and our darkest and most difficult times were when we were out of the Lord's grace. We're enduring what should be the most difficult time but we are so full of peace and His grace and mercy is surely upon us. You're doing it right girl!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...