Monday, March 30, 2009

Pouting Pets

Well Happy Monday y'all! How was your weekend? Mine was fantastic, thanks for asking.

Although, to be completely truthful, I am flat TIRED. For some reason I thought that by the time Jayci was almost 7 months old, I would be sleeping for longer than 2 or 3 hour stretches at a time. But alas, I am not. Add to that the fact that we had 3 very loud rowdy kiddos from downtown spending the night on Sat night - and we had a busy and not-so-sleep-filled weekend. Fun though. In fact, I have some video GOLD for you sometime. Just as soon as I remember how to get it small enough to post online.

Luckily, Sunday was a whole lot less eventful and full of fighting than last Sunday. But that might have something to do with the fact that about 15 kids were suspended for fighting last week. On the topic of Sunday school, Adam and I have some big plans in the works. We are hoping and praying it will work out, and we will keep you posted.

This week's theme at I Heart Faces is Pouting. Luckily, Jayci is not a pouter yet. Seriously, the girl doesnt cry/pout except when we're driving. And it's hard to take a picture of your baby in the backseat while you're driving. Hard AND probably not safe. Well, she also cries when we try to put her to sleep. But I'll be darned if I am going to wake her up further with a camera flash. I'm just not going to do it.

So anyhoo - I have about 2 or 20 thousand pictures of Jayci, and not a one of her pouting or crying. But then I found this shot of her from grandma's house. It's with a point and shoot camera (although I guess my fancyee camera could be considered "point and shoot" too since that's all I do with it. Point and shoot), and it's not technically probably a very good picture. Which means this "award-winning photographer" (I call myself that since I got tenth place once), her dreams of stardom are probably all for naught this week.

So without further ado, here's what we have come to affectionately refer to as "Sad Widdle Clown Jayci Face" (I know, we're so clever and funny)
Instead of an adult category this week, they have a special PET category over at I Heart Faces. Lately, Jayci is obsessed with our dogs. I enjoy it because they keep her entertained for hours. This shot of Jayci and Charli (The slightly-mentally-handicapped dog)is again not technically very good. I realize that Jayci is seriously blown out. But Adam said he liked that because it "keeps the focus on Charli." So based on my hubby's vast photography expertise, here's my pet entry this week.

*As always, visit I Heart Faces for some fabulous photography! :-)

48 comments:

  1. Sleep, glorious sleep. It took a while for us to get to where everyone slept through the night at the same time, but when it happened, it CHANGED MY LIFE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like someone didn't want a bath. love that pout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that pouty face is too much! And sweet neurotic Charli...she may be a little crazy but that dog is just plain gorgeous.

    Check out my blog, now you've got me hooked on something else :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little girl you have!! I enjoyed looking at your photos and your blog. Thanks for dropping by mine and leaving a comment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...such sweet photos, both of them! I love the pout and that it's B&W!!! And, what a pretty dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting, and leaving a comment! I LOVE making new friends!!! Your little girl is adorable! And, I love the name! when we were pregnant with our first, JACEY was on our list! How neat! Anywho. Thanks again! Can't wait to get to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww someone didn't like their bath!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love your I heart faces pics!! Cute as ever - even with the little pouter. :-)

    And I LOVE your new blog design!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! It was such a fluke shot! lol! Your little pouter is adorable!
    Jen H

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww... what a "sad widdle clown Jayci face"! Cute shot!
    ... and what great cheap entertainment a pet can be for the little ones, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable blog that you have and such a beautiful family! Love the little pouter!

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment. Hope you'll come back to visit soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the nice comment on my photo. Your little one is very cute! Your puppy dog looks sweet also! Have a great evening! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the comment!! I love your photos here-- your daughter and dog are adorable! I think we are going to also have to transition to stuffing-less toys...she has yet to tear up a Kong, maybe we'll just stick with those!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the pout! and the pooch too! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Photos! That is certainly a cute little pouty face :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think that she is absolutely the cutest thing...I know you agree!!!!

    Love Love Love the new blog look!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous little pouty baby!! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a great pout. And what a cute dog, great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet pictures!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and taking the time to leave a comment. Our little guy was 7 weeks old in that photo. He's now 10 weeks old and we have 3 year old as well. Lots of fun!

    Hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your little girl is very sweet, great pictures and wonderful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sad little face! Almost makes you giggle!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel your pain on the sleep. My baby just turned a year old and only in the last week has he started sleeping through the night. I hope it happens for you sooner rather than later. Your little girl's sad face is so cute. Just want to kiss it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that "Help me!" pout she has. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my, Jayci seems to be recoiling from something absolutely horrific! What had her so upset? And you did a good job of highlighting the varied shades of color on Charli's fur...he does jump out at you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. great pout- she does not look too happy

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's a brilliant pout! (And an adorably sweet girl with beautiful eyes).

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm a little slow, so forgive me - but did you redo your blog. If so, it looks great!

    Love your little one's pouty face. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awww..you're little baby is so cute, I love her pout!

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow! your little girl is such a cutie! beautiful eyes! every day, every week, every month is more fun than the one before it! really, their personalities come out more and more! i've loved every step of it and continue to! what a precious pout! and love the dog picture too! out little one loves our dog and i think our dog usually loves our little one! thanks for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. She is so adorable! Those cheeks!!!I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awww. The little face is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That pout is pitiful and precious!! Thanks for visiting our blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, that is a pouty face! Oh yes, by the way, get used to no sleep and welcome to glorious motherhood.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my goodness, what a cute baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. what a cutie! love the little pout!

    ReplyDelete
  36. omg that pout! Give the girl wjat she wants LOL

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great entries! That pout is too cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ahhhhh! I love your "Pouting" entry. Your baby gir is absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Thanks so much for stopping by and for the kind words on my blog. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your little pouting beauty! Why are kids so cute when they're pouting?

    ReplyDelete
  40. Jayci is adorable! What a cute little pouter! Great pictures!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Hope you get some sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Awww - what a sad little face! So cute though too. :)

    ~Angie
    co-founder of iHeartFaces

    ReplyDelete
  42. what a beautiful baby girl you have!!! great entry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. LOVE the pout! Very nice...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...