Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter


Happy Easter to all my peeps. I am not a fan of Peeps, actually. But do you know what I do love? Cadbury Mini Eggs. And can I just say that a tragedy has occurred in the assembling of this year's Easter baskets by grandma Stanley? She could not find any Cadbury Mini Eggs. Which was met by much wailing and gnashing of teeth. Because I am a grateful, thankful person.

Luckily, I remembered that I gained 4 pounds on vacation last week, so I forgave Publix for being out of Mini Eggs.

Oh and I also remembered the real reason for today.
"Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus"(Romans 6:8-1).

Amen and Amen.

It was a great Easter Sunday today. We started out with some mad crazy Easter Egg hunting downtown at church. And a fantastic play at church (which I might blog about at some point. It was life-changing y'all). After the service, there were hundreds of kids running around looking for Easter Eggs and eating hot dogs. Because nothing says "resurrection" like plastic eggs and hot dogs without buns (we ran out). But in all seriousness, it was a GREAT outreach - we had tons of kids there, and the church was packed out.

And a little family picture from our time at the g-parents house after church.

And did y'all even think for a second that I would leave you without some pictures of Jayci's first Easter? Of course not. You know me so well.

13 comments:

  1. Girlie! I have a not so secret obsession with the cadbury mini eggs too! It is the only candy that I bought for myself this year. I found them at Walgreens in HUGE bags. I got 2! I don't know what makes them so different from M&Ms but they are mmm good! I usesd to buy enough at Easter to eat year round. They never lasted though. Glad to hear that ya'll had a great Easter. Going to bed now. Jayci looks so cute! Nice family pic too. So special as she gets older! You think that she is sooo big now, and you will look back and think that she looks like a newborn. lol Aren't kids just the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I looked EVERYWHERE for the Cadbury Mini-Eggs after you mentioned them and could find them no where. Sigh. I've made do with peanut butter M&Ms.

    Also, we had hotdogs for lunch today too. Hey, some people serve ham, we had another part of the pig :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm... cadbury eggs... I'm going out at lunch & stocking up while they are 50% off!!!

    Look at your little angel... that first picture & her reaction - I just laughed when I saw it.. she's ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are not the only one wailing about the lack of Cadbury's. Next year I'm starting earlier on the "rounding up of Easter candy". There were a couple of things missing from my list.

    And the baby? A-Dorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Love Love the headband! Where did you get it? I am obsessed with hair bows! :) I love your pictures too! They are all so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes, amen to the mini eggs! I'm so glad Annie sent you to my blog because it helped me find yours. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. do you make the headbands to sell?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore that family pictures. FRAMER for real, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that alst picture of Jayci!!!! Such an adorable smile...it's infectious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG...she is so sweet! I'm pretty sure this makes me Un-American but I do not like Cadbury eggs, mini or otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bow in her hair...makes me just smile! I have three boys so...no bows here =(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh - is that girlie not the cutest ever?!?! She looks screamingly happy! :)

    And I confess to having a thing for Cadbury's mini eggs. And for some reason, after I polished off the first two bags, all of the stores suddenly ran out. *sigh*

    Loved the pictures and stories!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...