Friday, April 24, 2009

Oh come on y'all, you are supposed to side with me and not my mom! I feel so betrayed. . . Oh I kid. But seriously, I hate going to the doctor, yet I did it anyways. But NOT because my mom told me to. I am grown and no longer have to do what my mom says. I did it because the internets told me to. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I hate going to the doctor for a plethora of reasons. First of all, it's super-far-away, and then they make you wait forever so it takes pretty much all day. It never fails to put me in a foul mood. Why? Because they make you wait for 10 or 45 minutes in the waiting room (Which is normally full of LOTS of coughing, hacking and mucous. Which grosses me out to no end). And then they finally call your name and you feel like you've won the lottery. Until they have you weigh yourself and then ask you "how much"? Apparently she can't understand mumbled whispers and so she makes you repeat yourself until you are practically yelling embarrassing numbers across the room for the whole world to hear. I'm not saying that happened to me or anything.

Then they bring you to a small room without even 4 year old magazines to entertain you, make you undress, and leave you there for another 10 or 45 minutes.

Anyways, all that to say that this particular experience was delightful, because I went to a different doctor right near my house. In fact, it's right next door to my favorite Mexican restaurant, making it delightfully convenient to get a physical and cheese dip in one fell swoop. (note: I looked up that saying because I wasn't sure if it was "one fail swoop" or "one fell swoop." Turns out it is "fell" - not that either makes any sense)

This doctor's office was completely empty. Which makes me wonder if doctor's offices are like restaurants. Anytime we go try a new restaurant and it's empty when I walk in, I can feel the dread in the pit of my stomach and the voice in my head screaming "retreat." Unfortunately, it's impossible to sneak out unnoticed since, well, you're the only ones in there . . . But I digress. The empty doctor's office, on the other hand, led to the voice in my head singing 'hallelujah.' (Just to clarify, I dont actually "hear voices" - this is all for dramatic effect).

Verdict is that I have a sinus infection. I got my drugs and should be feeling better soon. At least that's the plan.

The other verdict is that we are switching to this doctor for sure. Although I was slightly disturbed because when I was checking out I heard somebody else come in and tell the lady at the front desk they were there for a "bad rash." I didn't think anything of it until I walked out and saw the only person in the waiting room was one of the waiters from my favorite Mexican restaurant. Luckily I am not one to be deterred from chips and cheese from something as nasty insignificant as a "bad rash."

As a matter of fact, I think I will eat there tonight.

13 comments:

  1. Bwaahaaahaaaa!

    The first thought in my head when you said empty waiting room was "mail order diploma?" You have more guts than I do.

    And maybe a rash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you went to the doctor! And yay for cheese dip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you...hate the doctor and stubborn as all get out when it comes to taking medicine. And yet I will bug the hubs to no end if he doesn't :)

    Sounds like you hit the Trifecta: good doc, good meds, good cheese dip.

    Score.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that you know what it is that is making your head feel like a 25 pound weight. Can you smell the infection? Cause it be in your nose. Nasty, huh? Almost as good as tasting it when you cough it up when it moves to your chest next. Gross! I always call it "the epizuti" when I don't know what it is. It sounds really contagious and people leave you alone! lol. You would never know that I am a nurse (with all of my professional talk). lol Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too had to go to the doc for a sinus infection Monday! Got a cortisone shot for it (Ever heard of that? me either)... but I too HATE going to the doc just for the reasons you said. I'll put it off until I feel like I'm going DOWN!

    And I HATE sitting in a room of sick people thinking - great, I'm leaving with whatever they got now too!!!

    hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent blogging my friend, excellent blogging.

    (hope you're feeling 100% soon!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got some meds and will be feeling better soon.

    I totally agree with your analysis about Dr.'s waiting rooms. I avoid them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. told ya so...see you at el Jinete 2 nite.
    xxxxxxxxxxx
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for cheese dip!!!!

    Hope you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved this post.
    I can relate to the doctors office experience. Mine does the same thing, wait and wait, call your name, more wait, and then the doc comes in and its over in 5 mintues.
    Ugh. Glad everything went well.

    Your making me hungry talking about Mexican! Its my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL! Ok, this post had me laughing so hard! I hate all the same things about dr's offices!!!

    What is it about getting weighed at every visit? I never had that happen in Canada. The only times they weighed me were at my pre-natal appts and yearly physicals! Here you go in for a sore throat, and they wanna weigh you! Grrrr!

    Glad you found a dr that's closer! I hope your next visit goes as smoothly. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are too funny! Thanks for your comment on my photo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have looked up that phrase too. Or maybe I would have just written "fail swoop" and looked like an idiot to those far wiser than I.

    You crack me up btw.

    Hope those meds kick in soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...