Thursday, May 14, 2009

Daddy-Daughter Love

I've always loved Adam. Well, at least since I've known him and we were best friends in high school. Since then I have loved him. And not only because he spoils the heck out of me. I mean, y'all he gave me a day off for mother's day. A day off! A day off which includes a massage and shopping for a new outfit. Which I might need your help picking out later. Because putting together fashionable ensembles? Not my strong point.

Anyways, back to my point. I actually have one today. Which is, I understand, an unexpected treat for my readers.

I didn't realize it was possible to love Adam any more than I already did. I mean I already admire and respect who he is as a teacher and the way he loves his work, and the way the kids he teach love him. I love his leadership and confidence. I love his willingness to step out in faith into the plans God has for him. I love his goofiness and I even love his corny dance moves. Including the "wash and rinse."

But seeing him with Jayci? It's like falling in love all over again.

This picture is especially close to my heart because I have a nearly identical picture of me with my dad.

She just loves him so much.

Excuse me while I go get a mop and clean myself up, because now I am a puddle on the floor.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Becca! I got your comment but couldn't find an email for you! We do have another blog (I keep it relatively private) and a ministry page, if you'll email me I will send you the links!!! Your daughter is gorgeous!

    We are originally from Charlotte so Atl is close to home!

    Carisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean Becca!I love watching Liam with the girls and it is also so much fun to see them doing something one on one like when Lilly helps Liam fix something or they go on dates together someplace. My favorite moments are the giggle wresling fights where Lilly and Abigail attack Liam on the bed and laugh their heads off!
    They love him so much and cry every morning when he leaves for work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becca, I know what you mean!! I love my husband SO MUCH MORE now that we're parents. He's an amazing dad, but also, he's become a better husband. I don't know how - I chalk it up to a Marriage Miracle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't being a parent the best. And these blogs are so therapeutic. Just us girls, chatting. A place that men would never go and invade. I love to see Bryce with his dad. They are the best of pals. Dads can play with their kids different than us. Just you wait until she walks to the door when he gets home and calls him. Talk about a puddle. Everytime it is an EVENT! lol Love your pics. Glad to see you so in love. The friendship part is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, so cute! Daddy's their little girls are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How precious! I'm sure that you will cherish these pictures in the years to come. I'm a daddy's girl and my husband teases me all the time about the pictures I have of me and my daddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is nothing more attractive then to see a man just beam at his children... it just reflects the love in them...

    beautiful pictures as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is SO sweet!!! I feel exactly the same way about my hubby and boys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too, TOO sweet! What a great husband and daddy...little Jayci has him wrapped around her tiny finger already. Definitely divine daddy-daughter devotion! :<)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are precious!!!!!! There is nothing like seeing David with Allie....I thought I had seen it all until she was born and he held her in his arms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't that the truth! I fall more in love with my husband as I see him with our children!

    Beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those pictures are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  13. that girl's giggle is out of control WONDERFUL! great pics

    ps did you get your makeup remover? I have been in outer-space with a busy "real" life lately. glad to be back to blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet Daddy/Daughter picture. I just love those! Now I wanna see the one of you and your dad!

    ;)

    Donna
    Our Blog: Double Happiness!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...