Friday, May 1, 2009

Fix-It Friday

Fix what you wonder? Well, unfortunately, I have no yet found a way to fix my love-handles or my dirty windows, so today's "Fix-It" is for I Heart Faces. I have never done this before and I am certainly no Photoshop expert. But here's the finished product.


And this is the before (I like to mix things up and do it backwards sometimes. Or I'm too lazy to go back and edit what I already wrote. whichever.)
\

Ok now what did I do to this picture? Lets be honest, it's often hard for me to remember where I left my shoes and keys - so this may not be 100% accurate. Next time I will write it down as I do it.

I started by running a slight lighten (Pioneer Woman's free actions) to the whole thing.
-Adjusted the curves slightly.
-Ran Coffee Shop Vivid 2 (bright)
-Lassoed the cute little guy's silhouette and adjusted the curves again.
-Used the blur tool to smooth out his face a little
-Ran Pioneer Woman's Sunshine action at like 10% opacity.

Wow that sounded smart. Basically I just played around with it until I liked how it looked.

Happy Friday! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

25 comments:

  1. I like how you kept all the colors of the coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice!
    i really like the burnt edges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I envy all the bloggers with 987598734873 comments on each post! sheesh! lol! your family is gorgeous! I bought photoshop Elements, but I have NO IDEA how to use it! ERG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comment. Yours turned out pretty darn fabulous too, ya know!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice especially for your first time!! I hope to see you next week too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same way! It is so hard to keep track of the steps I take because the fun is in trying all kinds of different things. (My sister makes me keep track, though, since I'm a contributor...darn her!) :) If you're not a Photoshop expert, you wouldn't know it. This is a really neat fix...bright, colorful and so much different from the shadowed original.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice use of lighting, and saturation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just browsing and i thought i would tell you that i think your daughter is adorable! And the pictures you take are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! The colors turned out nice! They are so vibrant. Grat job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really, really love what you did. It looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a good, solid fix. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl, that kind of talk makes me terrified of Photoshop, LOL :) The finished product looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work! I love the bright ness and the way his sweet face is so clear. Great edit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it, my talented little friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohh.
    I love how you edited it.
    The yellow in the background turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks great! I wish I was good with photoshop. I have an old version of elements. I can never get PW's actions to download to it. I guess its too old?? Anyways, I'm very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oooohhh! Great fix!

    Amy
    Co-Founder
    I Heart Faces

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well look how cute you and your little family is! :) So presh! Love the blog, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maybe not expert but well on your way. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...