Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Just a Little Mid-week Update

Because I am generally behind on, well, everything, I don't typically post a nice neat weekend update. Not that I don't want to. I do - because it's hard to remember things I wanted to tell you several weekends ago; alas, that's how far behind I am.

Clearly I have things so very together.

I decided to just skip all that and tell you about THIS week so far. Not that it has been especially exciting or interesting, but that has never stopped me from sharing with you in the past.

My best friend Courtney and I have a fantastic deal worked out where she watches Jayci for me on Tuesdays so I can go to Metro Kidz downtown, and then I watch her two little ones on Wednesdays so she can get her work/errands/etc done. And let me just tell you that Tuesday afternoons? Are a delight. I love having a little "me" time in the car: I usually stop and get some Chick-fil-a and a diet coke, oh and then I get to hang out with my kiddos too.

Yesterday was especially fun because the kids begged me to PLEASE come see their talent show, because they were going to rap and just KNEW they were going to get the trophy. Not sure how to turn down the joy of watching my kiddos rap, I agreed. And somehow ended up taking four kids to Cold Stone Creamery in the meantime. But really, how can you be eleven whole years old and think ice cream from the sketchy ice cream van is the best there is? It's a crime I tell you.

At the talent show, only one of the five boys had a parent there to see them (but don't worry, I made up for it by sitting in the front row with a goofy grin on my face and waving embarrassingly excitedly).

The boys forgot their music, but decided to just freestyle it, rapping some song about "turning my swagg on." Lets be honest, I wasn't sure what that meant so I looked it up at urbandictionary.com - apparently it means "style". I wish they would share with me the secrets of turning my style on, I could use a little help in that area. Unfortunately, only 2 of the 5 boys were able to rap before they closed the curtains on them for inappropriate gestures. The other mom and I looked at each other and shook our heads and rolled our eyes. I went backstage to try and calm them down, picturing a disastrous swarm of angry fifth grade boys. They were angry, but it was mostly directed at the one who had gotten them kicked off the stage. And they were insistent they COULDN'T GO BACK TO SCHOOL EVER BECAUSE THEY GOT BOOED OFF THE STAGE AND THAT IS JUST SO EMBARASSING. I tried to explain that no one booed, and also tried to ask for some explanation of what had gone wrong. They did manage to defend the boy who got them kicked off by saying (and I quote) "it's really hard to rap without grabbing your junk." Oh. I can see how that would be hard. Or not.

Anyhow, I assuaged their anger with a few MAC-chicken sandwiches and Sprites. Because nothing calms me down like some good fast-food. And then I headed home, determined that nothing would stop me from seeing American Idol and the "sneak peek" of Glee.

I only have one thing to say about American Idol: I know that Adam can sing, but why does he have to be so annoying while he does it?! I tried to vote for Kris a few or 50 times, but it was consistently busy, which I'm hoping is a good thing.

Did anyone else watch Glee? Because it was a delight. And here's a little video of the joy glee for your viewing pleasure.

I have been singing Don't Stop Believing all day (don't worry, only in my head).

In other news, only 3 weeks until we are up at CAMP! I am so pumped, I cannot even tell you how much I love camp. More on that later. Because this is already entirely too long.

And in even MORE news, we booked a vacation for after camp. Camp is intense people, and we are going to need LOTS of relaxing, food, and drinking (diet coke obviously) to unwind.

I am officially the most long-winded person ever. So I apologize for this very NOT brief update. But seriously, watch Glee. You will not be sorry (unless you don't like it, then I take back everything I said about it, because I am nothing if not a follower).

Oh and I went to Body Pump at the gym this morning for the first time in sweet forever. And my muscles are NOT pleased with that decision. They are now shaking and giving out randomly in protest.

10 comments:

  1. Let me tell you a little somethin' about my now undying love and affection for Glee. The never realized glee club member in me wept with delight at that last wonderful scene. And I've watched it over and over again this morning. If FOX doesn't pick up this show, I will be so upset!

    And you're such a good stunt-mama, those boys were so lucky to have you at that talent show! Rude hand gesture fiaso and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL about the gym! I know that feeling! I was like that after my first few times, but now it's all good. It's amazing how quickly your body gets used to working out. Keep it up, you'll love the results!

    Too funny about "it's hard to rap without grabbing your junk"! Kids, eh?! LOL!!!! How nice of you to take them for ice cream and fast food! What a good "mom" you are to those poor kids!

    I watched the preview you posted. It looks interesting. Is it a movie or a tv show? If it's a movie then I'll have to see it when it comes out. The hubs will probably hate every second of it, but I love musicals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just watched Glee on Hulu during lunch... I'm in love already with this show!!! I love anything musical so I'm a sap for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Glee thing is catching on like wild fire....I have to check it out...;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice.. :) those kids are too funny - i cant remember a time when i danced and didnt grab my junk jk :) seriously i love you and i love reading everything you write! congrats on the vaca and good job on going to BP Lord knows i havent been in MONTHS... love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha...the whole rapping this is hilarious!! I would have loved to go to that talent show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1) you continue to make me laugh
    2) Yay for glee club--i couldn't stop singing that song either and now, thanks to you, its back in my head
    3) woo hoo body pump! you're a stud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stories of your Kiddos always crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How was the rap? That is so fun that you go spend time with your kids in the city! I LOVE kids in the city! I also love your Chick Fil A and Diet coke treat once a week : ). You are so fun Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can substantiate the fact that is is SO hard to rap without grabbing your junk.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...