Thursday, June 18, 2009

Because You Are 9 Months Old . . .

Although I am fairly positive Jayci was born less than 9 months ago, her birthday and the calendar beg to differ. My little 9-month-old baby is all of a sudden like a different person or something. She just started having this "separation anxiety" or something, and now anytime someone holds her who is not, well, ME, she cries (whines really). It's endearing in that I enjoy being so so loved, (I figure enjoy it while I can) but it's also slightly annoying in that, you know, I also enjoy the breaks which come when other people hold her.

It probably doesn't help with anxieties and separation issues that we just lugged her down to camp, stuck her in a house with, oh, 20 new people and then expected her to sleep her customary 8pm to 8am (um, this didn't happen last night FYI). But I'm hoping it will just take her a few days to warm up to being here, because she is usually VERY social and more comfortable/happier around big groups of people than anywhere else. She takes after her daddy-o in that regard.

Besides separation issues, she also threw her first bona-fide temper tantrum yesterday. We're talking arched back and loud cries of protest because (heaven forbid) I wouldn't let her crawl under a metal bed. I wasn't sure how to handle it, exactly, besides giving her a time-out with strict instructions to think about what she did. Oh I kid.

I love Jayci so much, sometimes it aches a little bit inside. I mean, for serious, she is cute. I love watching her learn new things and try new things and just explore what it means to be alive. She loves pretty much all vegetables and cereal. She loves feeding herself. She constantly pulls herself up to standing, and she does a mean army crawl. She loves the water (at bath-time OR in the pool) She HATES the sand at the beach. She is fairly obsessed with waving, and also clapping her hands in delight, particularly at her own accomplishments (heaven knows where she got THAT from). . .

At her 9 month check-up, Jayci weighed 16 lbs 13 oz and was in the 22% for weight and the 45% for height. And she was healthy as a horse, whatever that means.

Please enjoy the following pictures for your viewing pleasure:



23 comments:

  1. Oh these photos made me smile so big! She is the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my lord, she is such a cutie! I need to come visit after y'all get back from camp so I can see for myself just how big she is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 10 year old throws tantrums on a regular basis.

    Strap on your seatbelt.

    (Though she's so cute, I bet she never does it again.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. She is too adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. my word i can't get enough of that sweetness. She is a doll, seriously. And yay for that sunflower outfit! We wear it to death in our household. Super super cute. maybe when we finally meet eachother IRL we can have the girls match. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That first picture is my favorite of all times!!!!!

    Allie hates to be around big groups of people....the only time she does okay around them is at the ballpark and I think then because they're not all looking straight at her. Of course she's there so much maybe she's just used to it but otherwise any new situation she cries the entire time! She's started with a few of the tantrums too but of course I scoop her right up..I just can't do it yet :) tell her no that is. I'm sure I'll pay sooner or later(probably sooner)

    Hope she sleeps better tonight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute! She's simply adorable...and a very stylish!

    Girls throw the best tantrums! haha! Good luck to you...I'm still trying to figure them out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. temper tantrum...oh my. i so understand. i was confused, thinking that Addie must have turned 2 instead of 1 a few months ago. our pack-n-play is our new time out. didn't start that until after 1 though. thankfully, she gets it!

    but NONE of that matters in comparison to that cute pie in those pictures. oh my word she is so stinking cute! good grief! excellent pictures, by the way! beautiful in fact!

    as tough as it is at times (and sometimes almost embarrassing) treasure that clinginess (sp?). before you know it, she'll be running the other direction! i love it when she wants to snuggle before nap/bed!

    every stage is such a blessing! (besides those tantrum moments) enjoy her. soak her in. cling and cuddle. stand in awe of our amazing God's creation...that He's sharing with us! i know you already are! isn't God so good?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is soooooo stinkin precious!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nothing like a good back-arching fit!

    That little face just makes me smile - so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a little cutie pie you have there!! My little girl is very close to the same age as Jayci, if we were closer they could be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have such a precious little girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there..ok so I know this is RANDOM but I found your blog on
    I <3 Faces and LOVE Your title bar...how did you make it personalized? Any help you could send my way would be WAY appreciated.
    Thank you!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  14. she is adorable! love that sun flare you caught

    ReplyDelete
  15. She is adorable. And you are talented with the camera!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the pictures!! My J is 20 lbs.!! He sure did pass his friend right on by!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Becca she's such a doll. I love that you're documenting this stuff on the ol' blawg so that you'll have it to look back on some day.

    And good luck with that 8 to 8 thing at camp! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for stopping by my blog and letting me know I won the I Heart Faces week!!! Rock on! Your girls are so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can NOT stand how adorable she is. I remember when Kaish went thru that separation anxiety too. I was like astounded. Before that he was friendly with everyone. It will pass! You are the best Mom. I am glad you get to be her Mommy : ). I love her chubby arms. And her smile. And her eyes. I adore her : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness. She is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. so i just studied separation anxiety in my human growth and development class today ;) she's right on target. they say it starts at 8-10 months, dont know why i felt the need to tell you that but o well, rest assured she is developing perfectly :) love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great photos! It just goes too fast doesn't it? I always think she looks a bit like my Brooklyn, especially that first one in the hat....TOO CUTE!!! Love her beautiful blue eyes :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...