Monday, June 22, 2009

A Fort and Some Kids

So as it turns out, camp started off to a little bit of a rocky start. This year is our first year holding camp on our very own land (in the past, we have rented a camp). So we built camp and REALLY came down to the wire with everything. As in, we still didn't have our certificate of occupancy at 10:00am this morning, when van-fulls of kids started pulling up. So we tried to keep the kids distracted with HORSES and PUPPIES and LAKES and BALLS and HOSES and LUNCH. Small children, however, can usually be distracted for only so long before the burning questions have to be asked: 'but where will we put our stuff?' and 'where are we going to sleep?' To which I responded with my usual grace and charm: "ummm . . . but look at the miniature horses!"

Luckily (or rather, PRAISE THE LORD!) we got our certificate of occupancy after lunch, and the kids are moving their stuff into the fort as we speak!

I'll be back later this week with more updates - but wanted to share the good news!

ps - I waited to post this because I wanted to add some pictures. But unfortunately I cannot currently find my camera cord. Clearly, I am very organized. Pictures will hopefully come soon!

4 comments:

  1. Cant wait to hear all about it!!! Sounds like God is already in control with the certificate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay im so glad it came through!! we were praying and continue to! love you and miss you already

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad things worked out and everyone has a place to sleep for the night at least :)

    Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...