Monday, June 1, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday

Don't you like my post title? I just made it up, aren't I clever? Or it's a song title. Whichever.

For those of you who are regulars around here, (hi mom!) you might have noticed a little trend in our lives lately. I like to call it "the year of being entirely too busy to breathe, let alone clean my house." Because I am all about the succinct and pithy catch-phrases.

Needless to say, our weekend was busy. I honestly cannot remember what we did on friday. I apologize if anyone is reading this and I was hanging out with you on Friday night. It's not you, it's me.
*will somebody please get this poor girl a hair bow?!
Saturday we visited our kiddos (as usual) and had dinner with some long-lost friends. Sunday we had middle school group (which went MUCH better than last week, thanks for asking) and then brought some of the kids home with us. I need to sleep for many hours to make up for the amount of swimming we did with our kiddos. Here's photographic evidence of all the swimming.
My timid, shy little girl (note the sarcasm) LOVED the water. And I'm pretty sure that in this picture she is wondering why her daddy is wearing a headband.
And tomorrow morning? Adam and I leave for a MUCH NEEDED time away. Not to mention we are celebrating our anniversary a few months after the fact. We're headed to Charleston (I've never been. Dont worry, I'm sure I'll take LOTS of pictures!) and leaving Jayci for the first time for a few days. But I tell you what, a little bit of resting is going to do WONDERS for me as a mom, I just know it!

That said, I will catch y'all on the flip side. Oh I am on fire with the hip sayings today.

9 comments:

  1. Oh you'll have so much fun in Charleston!! It's about my favorite place ever!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your vacation sounds so needed and welcomed. I hope you have a blast! we'll miss your posts over here in bloggy land...but REST and don't get on the internet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love Charleston! Go to Slightly North of Broad (SNOB) and get the shrimp and grits. They are DIVINE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hip sayings are why I read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your time away... get recharged & rested!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful trip! You deserve it!

    And you know, in all the years I lived in Georgia, I never made it to Charleston (or for that matter, Savannah) either...how sad : (

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becca you crack me up! LOL Hope you and Adam have an awesome mini vacay! Enjoy and love one another and rest it up childless for a few days. Can't wait to hear about your trip when you get back.

    P.S. I know about the needing a bow thing. My girls hair is constantly in their face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. have SOOO much fun on your trip! and yes, lots of pictures are definitely requested! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...