Thursday, June 4, 2009

Snapshots from Charleston

Adam and I just got back from enjoying a few days in Charleston. And can I just say it was delightful? For someone who is decidedly NOT Southern, I really do love southern food. And Charleston has plenty of it. And we pretty much plan our vacations around food, so this was a perfect trip for us. What? Y’all don’t do that? For me, once I finish breakfast, my mind immediately jumps to lunch.
We enjoyed shrimp and grits at SNOB (thanks carpoolqueen!) and some delicious biscuits and fried chicken at Poogan’s Porch.
Besides eating, we basically just walked around and took in the art galleries, boutiques and lovely charm that is Charleston. At one point, I’m pretty positive we walked at least 13 miles looking at obscenely large historic homes. Never one to stay quiet when I could be complaining, I loudly exclaimed to Adam that I could NOT WALK ANOTHER STEP. He laughed and kept going: which is a weird response, if you ask me.
I kept insisting that we had walked at least 13 miles, probably closer to 20. So Adam google mapped it when we got back to the hotel. And google maps said it was only 7.1 miles. But I still maintain that my ACHING FEET and sore muscles are far more accurate indicators of distance. Particularly because I keep them in such tip-top shape by exercising regularly. Or not.
I didn’t take nearly as many pictures as I anticipated I would. Probably because I was missing my favorite subject (Jayci obviously). As it turns out, I don’t look as cute in a sunhat and chubby legs as she does. Anyhow, here is a few of the pictures I DID take. Charleston is a beautiful city. And I enjoyed it immensely, thanks for asking!




*Oh and look what Jayci learned how to do while we were gone. Yup, she can army crawl now . . .and pull herself up to standing, and go from her tummy to sitting up. Geez, you'd think we were gone for 2 weeks and not 2 days!

16 comments:

  1. Yay Jayci! That is so exciting! I am so glad you and Adam had a nice time away. Tessa is starting to get on her knees with her arms straight up on her hands. She does this and rocks back and forth. I have no idea where her balance came from suddenly :)
    Anyhow. I did a new post titled a different drug problem. Check it out. I thought the article I attached might be of interest to you. Or not LOL Anyhow I know you have nothing better to do (like care for Jayci or your kiddos) or anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Charleston...absolutely beautiful! Glad you guys had a good time!!! Don't ya hate it when they learn to do something and you aren't there to see it. You can be there everyday and leave for 20 minutes and they'll do it so you miss out :) Think they plan it. HaHa

    ReplyDelete
  3. You went to SNOB!!! YAY!!!! Oh that makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been to Charleston and would love to go one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lovely time! Beautiful pictures! Way to go little one...love the look of concentration on her face! She's such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful trip! Loved the pictures, though I had to laugh when you said you took them, cuz that first one I'm pretty sure is showing your hubby's arm taking it :)

    Congrats on your sweet time away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely plan my trips around food! Every time I go to NYC I plan my day by where I want to eat. You are not alone on this one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey becca- thanks for the comment on my blog. i wrote this about taking a sabbath and thought you might like the perspective since you just walked over 7 miles and you see how tiring it is (see the post to understand :))

    http://nateandrachgreenfield.blogspot.com/2008/08/life-lessons-of-runner.html

    glad you had a nice vacation, i'm sure it was just what you needed. also, congrats on the crawler- let the fun begin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pics. I can remember taking trips to play in that pineapple fountain with my late grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that sounds like a great trip! I'm sure you missed your little girl though! She sure did learn a lot while you were gone! maybe she missed you wanted to go find you and so she had to start to crawl in order to go find you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks like you had a great trip! I have never been there but have heard great things! Your pictures are so cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had so much fun!! Charleston truly is one of my favorite places ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ya'll are so cute and those pictures are gorgeous! especially that last one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Charleston! You really took some great photos. Your baby is ADORABLE....simply ADORABLE with those huge baby blues!

    smiles,
    Angie S.
    EverydayEclecticism

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to go Jayci!!! So so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for the two of you to take a vacation sans baby. In spite of her cuteness willing you to bring her along...

    And ohmygoodness I plan our vacations around food too. Glad it's not just me. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...