Monday, June 15, 2009

This MIGHT get lengthy.

I just felt I needed to warn you that this could get long. Shocking, I know. Especially considering how CONCISE I usually am. But I just have SO much to tell you about. And it's all so fascinating (Or not. Whichever).

First of all, I need to brag humbly point out a few things about myself. As you may have noticed, I enter my gorgeous photography over at a little website called I Heart Faces(which, by the way, I adore. Oh and did I mention how humble I am?) In all seriousness though, there are some seriously talented photographers over there, and I feel like I learn so much from them all.

A few weeks ago, I entered my favorite face picture ever into one of their weekly contests. And they picked my entry as one of their winners! Seriously, I was shocked. Shocked I tell you.

And THEN they featured Jayci in their collage this week.Can you find her? Shhh - don't tell but she was celebrating a "pretend birthday" here. But doesn't she have the "oh I'm so surprised and happy it's my birthday?" look down pat? For realz y'all.

And THEN (as if it could get any cooler) I went to their website this week and saw that they picked me as their Fan of the Week! What an honor! And the sweet words about moi? Brought tears to my eyes (apparently, I'm both humble AND emotional).

Geez, even I'M starting to get sick of hearing about how great I am. So let me tell you about my Friday night, just to bring myself down to size a little.

So we had a girls' night for some of our kiddos downtown at my friend Amy's parents' house. My best friend Courtney is a professional make-up artist, so she gave the girls amazing make-overs. And they returned the favor.
(Please ignore my ridiculous "show off your make-up" expression. I dont have much practice with said look)

So as it turns out, I am clearly FAR too old for "slumber parties" (do they even call them that anymore?) How do I know? Well, on the morning after getting NO sleep on a sofa (because my legs are ridiculously long and gangly and didn't fit) I was walking down the stairs to wake up the girls, and my hip gave out. I'm lucky I didn't tumble to my death, or need hip replacement. And ever since then, I've been limping around with my hip slightly disjointed or something. I know right? I should start wearing depends and get fitted for dentures any day now. . .

12 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! You totally deserve that honor. Seriously, you're a one woman PR Department for that site! Annnnnd you take great pictures. And you have the most adorable subject ever.

    Lucky, blessed, talented you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME becca!!! Kristy and I love your blog, we were saying you should write a book because youre so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool about your picture! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!! I LOVE you, you crack me up! LOVED the pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so awesome - congratulations on the honors!

    (And of course, I mean the stuff with I Heart Faces, not the whole hip going out business...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's awesome becca!! well not about your hip.. that stinks! but the rest is really, really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being fan of the week. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea!!! Becca is fan of the week! It is much deserved because I always enjoy your sweet comments every week and I enjoy reading your blog and being uplifted by all the wonderful things you do! Congrats! :)

    PS... hope your hip is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your little girl is so adorable! (and I love her name!!!) Thanks for stopping by my blog. Hope to see you back!

    Now I'm off to check out more of your fabulous pictures. I am duly impressed. :) Toodle pip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome for you! Also, thanks for the nice comments on my blog--I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I saw that you were the fan of the week I was SO happy for you. I just think you are the coolest because you take great pictures, your baby is ADORABLE and you are kind to others. Kind people make this world a much better place.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...