Sunday, July 19, 2009

The Beginning of the End

I honestly cannot believe that this is our last week of camp. I mean, my body can believe it, seeing as it's straight exhausted. But my heart? It wishes we had at least a few more weeks of kids coming to camp.

Last week (the week that my metro kidz were here) was exhausting (I know, I like using the same word over and over ok? Have I mentioned I'm exhausted?) Since they are MY kiddos, I felt totally responsible for all the misbehavior. I also had to remind myself repeatedly that the reason they are so bad is that their homes and circumstances are also so bad. Seriously, it's true.

Anyways, here's a few pictures from last week. There's a possibility that once I'm back from camp and my brain isn't in constant 7-11 year old mode, I MIGHT or might not start actually writing more in my posts. But for now, pictures are all I got (see? did you even read that last sentence? atrocious)

My girls. Love them, even though they might have given their counselors permanent headaches.
She loves camp. For realz.

With my boys. Love them just as much as my girls.


Body Rock aka Jamaican Dancing. Don't worry, I don't do it. No one wants to see me dance. Plus, if I dont try, then my kiddos assume I DO have rhythm. Ha.
Quite possibly the two cutest kids ever (besides Jayci obviously), and they are MY kiddos :-) Please try to refrain from melting at all the cute-ness.

12 comments:

  1. Definitely melting from the cute-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thoughts tonight:
    A: Alexis is so pretty and I smile just looking at that girl!
    B: That shot of Jayci looking hot and exhausted and flustered may be one of my favorite of her ever.
    C: I love that you're doing your nose-wrinkle-smile in the shot w the boys. it's so cute and so you.
    and D: Ray Ray and PJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just died. Of cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got some amazing shots! I know you're ready for a break but what a magnificent time you guys have had and what a difference you have made in those kids lives!

    Jayci looks like she's really getting then hang of camp :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! I am sad for you that this is your last week of camp. I have really enjoyed reading about and living vicariously through all of your adventures. The hubby and I use to counsel at camps every summer until we had kids. Now we just can't seem to find the time. We visit from time-to-time, but it just isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the comment you left me -- it gave me a little more strength to pursue my dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel old. I don't know this Body Rock thing of which you speak. I just mastered the Macarena.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet. Did I tell you that Joel watched your video and wants to do summer camp next year with y'all...if you need extra old people hanging around, that is! right now i just love living vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always admired your photos. There is just something about your kids' smiles that are so heart-felt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Becca.. just got this in from my church via email:

    2. Remember the 100 pairs of shoes given to Street Reach last month? The company that gave those is giving an additional 7,000!!! They were impressed with the delivery of those and now want to bless us with more. If you know of a small ministry that could use these sneakers, please contact Linda Lipp at lippsga@comcast.net. Street Reach is receiving 1500 of them so there are plenty to go around for a needy ministry.

    I thought I'd check with you to see if you have any need for any of these. Need to let me (or Linda, whose email is in the note.. just tell her Pam Doughty sent you) know ASAP.. I feel sure there are plenty of ministries who will be eager to get some shoes!
    hugs... Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE those pics! Camp looked amazing. We'll be going in a few weeks and I can't wait! Your post made it all look so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, these photos make me weep! Absolutely spectacular! God is GOOD!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...