Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Nutritionally Delicious

The Good News is that I lost 5 pounds at camp this year. Which comes as no shock considering how much less snacking and more walking I do at camp.

Not to mention that the food is slightly less than stellar, and often I found myself saying, "I'll just have some zucchini please, and I'll pass on the grey-ish lemon pepper fish this time . . . "

And then I almost died from the shock that there was no cheese in my meal.

Oh I kid, we had our food catered by Aramark this year and it was not bad at all. It just reminded me of my college cafeteria food (probably because they also cater to college cafeterias). And my palate has become immensely more sophisticated since college. I have graduated to Kraft macaroni and cheese, Chick-fil-a, and large quantities of Mexican food.

As it turns out, however, our resort next week has like seven restaurants. And one of them is a Mexican restaurant. And it's all inclusive. And we all know what that really means: all you can eat chips and cheese dip. and salsa. and enchiladas. and diet coke. and margaritas. . . . I should have those five pounds back in no time.

In the meantime, I figured I should hurry and post a few pictures as photographic evidence of all the weight loss. Oh and of all the fun.

And of all the love. Because these kiddos right here? I am not exaggerating or kidding when I say that I adore them.
Skinny, but apparently incapable of keeping both eyes open for a picture.

15 comments:

  1. Even if you put the five pounds back on, you're gorgeous and you know it :) Oh, it does my heart good to see you lovin' on those kiddos! So glad they had this summer with you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are SO cute!!! I am really gonna have to come visit camp next summer. I can't imagine a more fun way to lose weight than surrounded by such sweet faces and such good people!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me and tell me at what resort you'll be. I will laugh if it's the same one I was at in February.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm so happy you had so much fun at camp and I'm so excited you'll be headed to a resort soon! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely the best diet ever! And you look mahvelous... but I don't think it's just the five pounds. You're simply beautiful; both inside and out, and you can see in the kids' faces that THEY know it,too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so freaking pretty : ) even with one eye scrunched up! I am SO excited about your trip. Seriously excited. I was actually thinking about it last night and getting even more excited. I told Gary about it and he told me he is worried about me : ) I might not be that normal! You know what else I LOVE? The kids at camp. SO cute. SO, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No cheese??? NNNNOOOO!!!!!!

    You can tell from your face that you adore those kids... its a wonderful look for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures are awesome!!

    Hmmm...Mexican food. I love chips and salsa....

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are precious, gorgeous, and full of light for the Lord. no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY for the 5 pounds lost, haha!!!!! LOVE the pics :) You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eat to your heart's content. I figure by losing 5 pounds, you just gave yourself room to live it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by June Makes Six...your daughter is adorable:) I can tell from the pics that those "kiddos" adore you too, what a wonderful way to spend your time. I look forward to checking back in from time to time.

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're gorgeous! LOL about Mexican food and the term all-inclusive!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um you are adorable. With our without those 5 pounds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours is funny, and I love your layout!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...