Monday, August 24, 2009

Housekeeping. And Y'all KNOW I Don't Mean Cleaning.

1. Several of y’all have asked me how you can support what we’re doing and help out the kids we work with (and by several I mean 3 or 4, but that’s enough for me). Since my goal is to keep my bloggy friends completely and fully satisfied, at all times, we have added a little donation button on the top right corner of our blog. Do you see it over there? Cute right?

I’m not doing this to make money or to try and exploit y’all. Truly. We just wanted to provide a way that people can get involved in our ministry and with our kids if they feel so led. So far we have raised about 50% of the amount we need to run the mentoring program for the year (Which is abso-mo-lutely amazing, and God has been so faithful to provide - but that's another story for another day)
(*Also, just FYI - Vision Atlanta is a 501c3, so any contribution you make will be tax-deductible.)


2. Links and other fun:
- Visit our VAM blog to stay up to date on our support, training, and so on and so forth.
- The website for our mentoring program and summer camp is www.visionatlanta.org
- Want to get our newsletters and other info about the work we're doing downtown? Send me an email at Becca1612 at hotmail dot com - with your address and I'll get them in the mail for you!
-Don't forget you can still go watch our story (and how the heck we ended up here!) on the Broken Voices Website (www.brokenvoices.org) and watch our webisode: JUMP.

2 comments:

  1. I like you. A great deal. You make me laugh and you inspire me. And you have a really cute daughter. These are all the makings of someone I HEART. :-) Hope ya'll are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as soon as I can recap from this summer of NON STOP spending, I am going to click on your link. Inner city kids melt my heart. And so do people that help them and make a difference. I love that. Thank you. Thank you for caring about some kids that many don't care about! : )

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...