Sunday, August 2, 2009

I Don't Think Anyone is Ready for This . . .

Over at I Heart Faces today, the theme is: My story in photos: "The Summer Edition."

I'm not sure if Angie and Amy realize the sheer volume of pictures I have procured this summer. Let's just say it's a lot. A whole lot.

I attempted to consolidate in collage form, but could only make it down to one collage per week.
**EDITED TO ADD: Please note that we had 5 weeks of kids and only 4 collages. My brain is clearly already on vacation. . .




And then there are just some pictures begging to burst free from the restraints of collage format.
One of Jayci's new favorite past-times: Pointing at everything. It looks like Adam is going to have his hands full fending off the boys when she's a teenager. Or rather when she turns five or so . . .
Where we spent, well, our entire summer: "The Fort."
I'm telling you, there is no end to the pictures. None. This post is going to take me all day/night.
But since I leave tomorrow morning at 3:45am (that's right: three. forty. five. am.) for a much needed vacation in the Dominican, I will have to show a little restraint in the picture department. And y'all? Restraint is not my strong suit.

Nevertheless, I feel like these pictures really do tell the story of a delightful summer. And not just for me, but for each and every one of these kiddos. Hopefully, I can share even more of their stories with you soon. But not this week, this week I will do nothing but the following: eat, drink, relax, read, and sleep. Thank-you and good night.

Want more (well less per post probably . . . )summer pictures? Just visit I Heart Faces! Seriously. Do it.
Oh and let me just leave you with a quick shot of what we've been doing SINCE camp. That's right, taking our kiddos to the pool. Cause that's how we roll.

26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love all those happy faces :) You do deserve a vacation, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You KNOW you've had a great summer when it takes FOUR collages plus some to document it! I love looking at the joy in all of your pictures... it always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That looks like an awesome summer! Everyone looks so happy! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! NOW THAT LOOKS LIKE A FAB SUMMER!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely wonderful collages. Your summer was packed with beautiful faces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome post! Great thinking with the collages :) I'm already on my fourth "Summer" album myself...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh. It looks like you had a delightfully wild summer.

    Have a fabulous vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure with every one of those pictures is a fantastic story too!!!

    And love the "pointing" - I noticed her pointing in the collage with the red hat on too - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pictures!!! :) It was a great summer indeed!!! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becca! I am so excited about your trip! YAY for you. You could have one million pictures if you wanted. I love the kids you work with. I love your kid :) and your pictures RocK : )Snap away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! I'm having a hard time consolidating our summer too. I love seeing all the great smiles. Enjoy your well-deserved vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the collages! what a wonderful summer you shared with a lot of happy, smiling-faced kids! awesome and incredible - you are my new hero :O)

    i have my summer shots posted also, feel free to come on over and visit anytime :O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like you may need to buy a new harddrive just to store all those pictures. they are all so fun and packed full of great memories. oh! and how cute is jayci pointing at something she sees. adorable. the pic of her in the pool with all those guys showering her with attention is so cute too. tons of great shots! what a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow- busy summer! What a blessing you have experienced the last 3 months. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Becca,

    I noticed that you made a comment on one of the giveaways I set up for Living Rooms Direct and was wondering if you would be interested in working together. If so, I would love to work with you on either a giveaway, a product review, or a guest post on your site. I look forward to hearing back from you!

    Take care,
    Suzanne

    Suzanne Turnbull
    Prudential Tower
    800 Boylston Street, Suite 1600
    Boston, MA 02199

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhh fun times! i love the collages! thanks for sharing, Becca!!!

    Now what pool are you taking the kiddos to? If it is piedmont, we're totally meeting you there!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hmmmmmm. ya think you had a full summer??? great collages, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. just loved all those smiling sun kissed faces!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. SO SO SO awesome! I loved every collage and every picture!!

    I hope ya'll have an AMAZING trip, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow what a summer you are having! And I thought I was busy. Have a great time away.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That Awesome and me Love the collages!
    Thanks for sharing all that FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I knew you'd have a great entry on I Heart Faces. Love those collages. Glad to hear you'll be getting some R&R in the Dominican. Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful photos...kids don't hide their happiness and excitement. Have fun on your trip!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you did this. Looks like a GREAT summer.

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a blessed life! God Bless!

    PS~My daughter lives in Peachtree City.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...