Monday, September 28, 2009

I Heart Faces: Feeling Blue

This week's theme at I Heart Faces is "blue." Y'all know Jayci has blue eyes. And I love me some blue sky. So I have lots of "blue" images to choose from. But then this picture, from my friend's wedding that I helped photograph this weekend just spoke to me. I know she's not FEELING blue because, well, it's her wedding day. But it was a gray, rainy day and the picture just "felt" blue to me. *side note: emphasis on HELPED take pictures. Luckily there was another photographer who took REAL pictures. Because lots of mine were really grainy/yucky. I just dont have the equipment/skillz/energy to be a wedding photographer. I mean, who knew how tiring it is?! I kept wanting to just eat a few pieces of cake fruit, to keep my energy up you know. But then the bride would do something crazy like throwing the bouquet or having her first dance or something. I told her I'd just get pictures of her NEXT bouquet toss. Oh wait, that doesn't work?

Enough rambling, here's the picture.
And head over to I heart faces to check out all the 'blue' pictures this week!

21 comments:

  1. I see what you mean by the lighting and the way it looks that it reminds you of Blue....of course she wasn't..that's a very good thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Becca that is a great shot! I hope you had fun being a pseudo-photographer! And yay for non-rainy weather this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet picture. makes you wonder what's running through her mind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice spin on the blue theme. I like this photo a lot. How did you get your header to have a pretty font. Love that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're funny... I find myself thinking I am an actual guest and wanting to eat and dance, but then I have this heavy thing hanging around my neck as a reminder...
    you did a fantastic job!
    a good camera helps, but I tell you noiseware can be a life saver http://www.imagenomic.com/nwpg.aspx?gclid=COPwnp6Bl50CFRkpawodxB8s_A

    (since you asked on my blog)

    thanks for the constant verbal support!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this shot! Great mood & hazy color! Just beautiful!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your picture, but even more than that i love your "rambling" comment - that's pretty much how i feel about some of my shoots, too, so i think you and i think a lot alike :O)

    my blue shot is posted also. feel free to come and visit anytime :O).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think that this is a grainy/yucky shot at all. I like it a lot. And it does look rather BLUE.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely entry. Expected nothing less from you :)

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photo, I totally feel what you were saying and now that is the point isn't it?! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for your comment! I love the romantic, hazy look of your shot this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful moment-- you certainly got this one right!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It does have a very blue feel about it. Kinda moody and hazy. Great job! Thanks for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You crack me up, Becca! Love the photo and the fact that it captures the mood in a different way. But oh. Your comments. Made. me. laugh. No, really... I can see you, standing there with cake in your hand, mouth hanging open, as the bouquet flies over your head... oops! hee...!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the softness of this shot! I bet the bride loved it too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. weddings have got to be the most stressful events to shoot of all time!

    LOVE your photo.. your editing is simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this picture Becca! And I LOVE that bride. She is very beautiful! I hope she had a wonderful day. I think your pictures are mad cool!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...