Monday, September 7, 2009

Nora Joy

The other day, I popped over to my sweet friend Jennifer's house to take pictures of her new little one, Nora Joy. Nora's all little and button-y and fresh from the oven. Yummy! She may or may not have made me want another baby of my own. Don't worry, I just remembered the sleepless nights and incessant crying, and it cured that longing real quick.

But seriously, it's no wonder little Nora (by the way, isn't that just the cutest name ever?) is such a cutie - look at how beautiful her momma is. It's just not right for her to look that good when her baby is less than 2 weeks old. Geesh.
Their family is just sweet and beautiful and we love them SO much!


I am powerless to resist little baby toes.
Sorry for the picture overload. I simply could not narrow down their adorable family. And look at her room! Adorable! Simply adorable! (it turns out I get gushy and over-dramatic when babies are involved. Or I'm just always like that, either way.)This is the first time I've taken pictures for someone other than myself. And I was nervous. And she did not want to sleep or cooperate. Not to mention, I don't exactly know what I'm doing when it comes to lighting/exposure/settings and so on and so forth. And it was not that bright inside, but I didn't want to use my flash. So I just didn't even know what to do. So for all my I Heart Faces professionals out there, any suggestions/comments/constructive criticism would be highly welcomed/appreciated.

14 comments:

  1. Gosh. I think you did a great job getting these shots. My favorite one is where she is up close and you can see the parents in the back all blurry. ADORABLE!

    And the toes... They really were too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Jennifer is lucky to have a friend such as you!! These are lovely pictures. My favorites are #4, 5, 6.

    ps. indoor pictures can be challenging. if not using a flash, then you need to bump your iso pretty high (and sometimes that can introduce unwanted "noise")

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those!!!!!!!! What an adorable head of hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One word.

    TALENTED.

    Actually 3 words.

    I HEART YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm no professional photographer, but I think you got some AMAZING shots! I really like the one where she's in the foreground with her parents looking on and the one with her nursery in it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are gorgeous pictures and so is that baby! adorable! and very well done, Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO perfect!!! the subjects and the photographer!!! love all 4 of you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. those are beautiful!!! You did a gorgeous job and what a sweet baby girl.

    Have you posted before about your camera and lenses? I'd love to know what you use.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you did great, and the pics are fantastic.
    Tip of the day: (not that I think you need it but you asked)
    If you find yourself in a low light situation and dont want flash, increase your shutter speed to get a bit longer exposure, it will help lighten the image. One thing to pay attention to, the longer the exposure is the more you have to focus on staying still. It's easier to blur the photo by moving or shaking when the shutter is open longer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All I can say is that you did an outstanding job Becca! I think your pictures are amazing and any mother would be delighted to get these : ) I know Nora's mother will : ) She made me want a baby too. Sleep be darned! Oh. My. GOSH! : ). Kaish had his first day today and all I did was cry all day. He is in 4th grade and that is so old. And big. And I can't take it Becca. Can not take it.

    When I first did what you did for a friend I used flash and my pictures weren't as dreamy and lovely as yours. I am so proud of you!

    And you know how you get better and better? Practice and practice. And feel confident. Becuase seriously Becca, these rock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did a lovely job! You captured some great moments! I love the one with the parents in the background and focus on baby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr. CPQ wants me to tell you to stop putting baby pictures on the internet because he is DONE with babies, thank you very much.

    I, on the other hand, just want to snuggle up with this precious one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! You did a great job! I love the one in her room with NORA on the wall!!! That is just awesome!!

    Im jealous of those picture skills...I might need some advice!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...