Monday, September 21, 2009

When The Rain Came Down

Geez oh Pete but I am exhausted. I feel like I just ran a marathon. Or drove 3 hours in the pouring rain, narrowly avoiding rushing creeks and flooded roads. The police even closed the highway right in front of my car. Luckily, I have cat-like reflexes and I was able to skillfully maneuver off the highway and off the exit I had just passed. Then I stopped at the QuikTrip (um best gas station ever. please bring back $.49 diet cokes. Thank-you) to fuel up and figure out how in the heavens to get home without getting stranded/lost/swept away (It's like I was a contestant on the Amazing Race or something). And I also had to stock up on the essentials, like milk and bread. Or this. Why, you may wonder, was I driving home from downtown Atlanta on such a rainy, gloomy, flood-y day? I was, as it turns out, attending a Photoshop seminar. It's all so I can bring you high-quality pictures like this one: (What is it? Well, frankly, I'm shocked you can't tell. It's the soccer fields I used to play on, only they're completely flooded and covered in water almost to the top of the goals. In other words, it's pure craziness.)

But in all seriousness, the flooding is really pretty bad around these parts. Keep us Georgians in your prayers!

Also, I was seriously considering giving y'all a quick re-cap/tutorial of a few tips I learned at the seminar yesterday. Any interest in said tutorial? Cause I don't necessarily feel like typing it all out if no one particularly cares. As if that has ever stopped me before.

8 comments:

  1. Be safe.

    We had our flooding in January - all the way up to our fenceline in our backyard. Not fun stuff.

    And I'd love the tutorial... if I had Photoshop. But I'm too poor, so I'm using an old editor that Microsoft doesn't even sell anymore, LOL.

    I know there are lots of people who would love photog tips though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying. Why can't we spread the rain out across the country??? And Oh how I miss quicktrip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about you girl. Can't believe how much rain you're getting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's some crazy rain. I'd have to agree on the QT thing. I am completely a gas station snob and unfortunately there are no QTs here. Oh how I miss them! Can't wait to see what you learned at the PS Seminar!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, i am so glad you made it home safe and sound! I enjoy your blog so can't wait to see some new things from your photoshop class!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im guessing you didnt stop at the flooded QT!? =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm all for the lesson!!!! I can use as much photoshop help that I can get :)

    My aunt is in Atlanta and she said it was pretty bad...we've had tons of it here in SC but no flooding yet in our town.

    ReplyDelete
  8. those a sooo essential!!! i needed that last night ;) can't wait to see what artistic splendor comes of your photo shop class! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...