Thursday, October 15, 2009

Catalyst, Chalk, Crafts, and Calling

1. I told y'all I went to Catalyst last week. It was fantastic, seriously fantastic. And let me say that Chuck Swindoll might be old, but he can drop Truth bombs with the best of them. I'm actually working on typing out my (many) notes for the purpose of encouragement and edification for all the internets. While you wait, please enjoy these pictures of our time at Catalyst:
2. Jayci loves to play with/eat sidewalk chalk. And can I just tell you how fun/embarrassing it is when she throws a royal fit because I take it away from her mouth? I mean, how could I even do such a thing? I am so unreasonable.
3. Together with one of my dearest friends in the whole world, I am entered in a craft show next weekend (I know, I know, like I have time for this). In college, we sold some little crafty things, quite lucratively I might add (or not). Because it turns out that college lends itself to extra time and nurturing creativity.

Plus we didn’t drink or party, so what else was there to do other than watch Anastasia and scrapbook. What? No one else did that? Oh. Me neither.

Anyhow, our house has been particularly messy lately (shocking I know) because there's been an explosion of various and sundry craft products all over the place. But as a result, I have concocted much cuteness. All of which I will be happy to share on here soon. But for now, here's a sneak peek: a headband and dress duo, modeled by the lovely and talented Jayci.
4. This last one is a little more muddled than the rest of my concise and well-thought-out list (ha). But I just wanted to share a little bit of where the Stanleys are at right now, and where we feel like God is leading us.

We've known for a long time that we want to live downtown in community with the people we're ministering to. The problem is, well, selling our current house and finding a house downtown. One that is nice enough to, you know, actually live in (yet close enough to the hood so we can do ministry like we want to). One step we're taking on this journey is going to visit my good friend (well good friend in my head) Melissa of A Long way from the Theta House. Oh and if anyone has an extra hundred thousand dollars or so laying around, feel free to donate it to our cause.

10 comments:

  1. Our pastor's went to catalyst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I can see of Jayci's dress it is gorgeous! I can't wait to see more!!!!!

    Thinking of you in your search for a home...that can be tricky..trying to get close enough to where you want to be yet it being safe also for your family. You'll be in my prayers!

    And good luck at the craft fair this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! we can't wait until you move to the neighborhood...granted we still live 2 miles from the Dream Center but it will be SO great for you to be SO close to them and your passion (not to mention, to us!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your plan to move sounds like a great idea - a brave step to do God's work. I will pray that God will open the right doors and find a safe living environment for you and your family.

    Jayci is just TOO cute, and the dress/bow combo looks really pretty! You must share as soon as you get it going. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are just too mean to be taking chalk outta that pretty girl's diet!

    Can't wait for the Catalyst notes, for the craft post, and for your announcement that you are opening an Etsy store :)

    Praying for God to physically move your family when He opens the perfet doors at the perfect time. He's good that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chalk should be one of the food groups...along with crayons and chapstick! Just checked out "a long way from the theta house" - amazing. Truly amazing. Thinking of you and hoping you are able to sell your house and find a new home closer to your kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thinking about Jayci's chalk eating habit makes my teeth hurt.

    PS - praying for your housing stuff. Wish I had 100K to give away. You'd be high on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to hear about Catalyst and Jayci is as cute as always!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watched the video and it was wonderful...I am amazed at all the different blogs in blog land....Love blog hopping and seeing all the different looks. Hope you will stop by and visit my blogs....a special Happy Birthday post to my daughter and a great giveaway tomorrow night on my Christmas blog.
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
    http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be praying too that the Lord will provide...in His perfect timing...and I will be looking forward to all He has in store for you when that happens. BTW, I am looking forward to seeing these crafts you have been working on. From what I see on your daughter, it's beautiful. Maybe the Lord will use this to get you to your 100 grand...or maybe a little closer to it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...