Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Did You Miss Me? No?

Hey everyone. I know, I know, it's been a long time (like a week!) since I posted on here. The problem is that I planned a little bloggy break for the Catalyst Conference/weekend . . .and apparently God thought it needed to be a little longer so our internet stopped working. You know how God sometimes uses our enemies to accomplish His purposes? That must be what He's doing with Comcast.

I had a great picture all picked out for I Heart Faces this week too. But alas, it was not meant to be and I missed the deadline. Oh wells.

Instead, allow me to share some WAY better pictures than mine. They're from our recent one-year-old photoshoot with our dear friends the Altmixes of Altmix Photography. Talk about talented photographers. For realz.


(This one is her giving a kiss. Someone is going to have to teach her about CLOSED MOUTH kisses before she gets around the boys!)

Oh and on a completely unrelated, random note: Nothing says class like a Diaper Genie on your front porch because you didn't empty it out enough and it grew bugs actually cleaning up after your baby.




The truth is that I've been feeling especially overwhelmed with the whole being a mom, working part-time on web design, while doing ministry, helping start a church, trying to be a wife, live in community, and keep my house clean (I think we all know what's the first thing to go . . . ). Not to mention that I feel like a total failure as a mom most days because Jayci wont sleep through the night, eat ANYTHING besides cheese (hmm wonder where she gets that from. At least she has good taste), and when she doesn't get her way, or doesn't want to listen to what I have to say, she throws a MAJOR fit with full-on tears and wailing and gnashing of teeth (whatever that means). And my response? Well I usually stand there and look at her wondering: where did you come from? and what should i do with you? (all the while yelling at Charli to shut-up and asking myself WHY oh WHY the rescue hasn't come to get her yet)




Notice I didn't do a great job narrowing down my picture selections? And there were MORE, SO MANY MORE, that I loved and could have included. If you're obsessed with me and my family (and who isn't really?) or just bored, you're welcome to look at our slideshow on the Altmix Photography website.

18 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I think we all feel like failures as parents many times throughout our lives and then one day you will see another little girl melt down in front of you in a so much worse fashion {and her Momma will not handle it so perfectly either}than Jayci ever would and you will realize just how perfect that little baby is. And how very thankful you are. I can tell by your posts and by those pictures that you are so in love with your family I know deep down you are an amazing Mom and should give yourself so much more credit. I can seeing Jayci is thriving and happy and cheese is what she loves, she will soon get over it -- promise :) Look at me Mrs advice giver today. Sorry about that. Anyhow, I KNOW you are a wonderful Momma and person. Keep up the great work! Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS can we see your excited picture anyways?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Your pictures are awesome!! And I love how you totally called Comcast the enemy. :)

    As for feeling overwhelmed, oh I know that feeling. Being a full-time working (outside of the home) mom, a wife, a friend, a blogger, a daughter, a choir member and Bible study leader - all those roles can get to be too much! And for me, the ones that are the most important (wife and mom) seem to get neglected until I can't stand to even look at myself. And it's not like I neglect my mom duties to blog or to be a friend or daughter or whatever. It’s more that I neglect my top priorities in favor of just focusing on how overwhelmed I am. Which only makes it worse. Of course.

    I know that’s not necessarily helpful rambling. What I meant to say is – I so understand. And we’ll make it through. And I can’t imagine for one second that you’re failing Jayci in any way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son doesn't eat right, half the time doesn't act right, we don't keep a good schedule, he eats way too many french fries, no healthy veggies. He is a cheese lover too. I think we hear and read about all the things we "should" be doing, then you feel like a failure when your child isn't sleeping 15 hours a day, eating 3 well balanced meals, sitting like a sweet little quiet angel and playing.

    It is HARD. Being a parent and juggling life is overwhelming. I wish I could offer you some advice. It will get easier. My son is almost 19 months old, and some days I think I'm just now figuring this stuff out!

    You have a gorgeous daughter and you sound like a wonderful person with such a big heart. I pray for this to get easier for you. If it helps at all, I can understand and I can relate. I have wanted to throw in the towel some days, and then I feel like what is wrong with me?? It's so normal, if that helps at all!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pictures by the way. They are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SWEET pictures! Wow. You'll treasure them forever I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm...amid all of these BEAUTIFUL pictures seem to be bold-faced lies that the enemy is leading you to believe! here is some truth about becca stanley:
    1. Becca is a WONDERFUL mother who has a happy, emotionally healthy daughter. It is beutiful to see the way you and Jay love each other.
    2. Becca is a NURTURER. Jayci may not always act in a way that makes your life EASY, but that is because she has a healthy attachment to you that allows her the freedom to express how she feels and demonstrates that she trusts you as someone who can and will help her. Beyond Jay, you nurture your friends (ahem, me), family, and the kids downtown on a DAILY basis.
    3.Becca is a valued child of God, chosen by God, even in your ugliest moment of shame. And when you throw your hands in the air and decide you can't do life anymore, THAT is when God is so happy. He is so happy to step in and take the wheel, letting you relax and rest.

    I could go on forever with "Truths About Becca," but I'll stop there...for today. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those pictures are soooo good! You have such a beautiful family! I'm sorry you have felt overwhelmed lately, I think it happens to the best of us! :-) So called to see that your daughter inherited your love for cheeese!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those pictures turned out amazing!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Glad you are back :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh those pictures are soo wonderful. Along with your post they had me chuckling. Ok:
    1. I LOVE that someone else puts the Diaper Genie outside to de-odor. I thought I was the only one!
    2. I spent the first several months of my first son's life wondering why the heck everyone expected I would pick him up when he cried. I mean, couldn't they see I needed a break already?? And my mom was like inches away from him - why didn't she just get him. LOL It passes or your endurance improves. Either way, it gets better.

    3. Balancing work and family and kids is such a massive juggling act, it takes practice to acquire the skills - we're on our second child and still working hard at it. hang in there - you're JUST like the rest of us.

    4. Open mouthed kisses are the best! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  12. of course we missed you! i'm so glad everything is ok! i was starting to get a tad worried! pictures are A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!!! have a mentioned that jayci is a cutie pie? excellent shots, although i think you've taken some excellent shots yourself (dont be so hard on yourself!). have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey stranger :) Love the pics..I'm going to go and look at the others too. Allie is throwing the fits too right now and it's like a completely different world. Not sure I'm ready for that stage yet....they are still so cute though so you can't be mad at them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Becca,
    Remember that bit your wrote a while ago about the yard stick- or was it measuring stick? Well, I do... so put it away.
    You're a great mom... every baby throws fits. Every mom has moments she wants to pull her hair out. Everyone has a messy house at some point... or all the time. Currently my closet is so full of messy clothes, I'm wearing nice sweaters because I'm out of t-shirts... who knows what would happen if I had other people relying on me for their clean clothes.
    Hang in there... and enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful photos of this cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG your family pictures are absolutely adorable! And I can totally sympathize with the whole overwhelmed thing...this move to Hawaii has REALLY thrown a wrench into my whole smoothly flowing life. Oh well, God has a plan right? We just have to have faith and go with the flow...or shut our eyes, put our hands over our ears, and say lalalalalala to the rest of the world...lol Keep your faith!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. welcome back!
    Those family pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...