Friday, October 23, 2009

A Quick, Random Post (What Else is New?)

As we speak, I am sitting in "our booth" at the craft show in Athens, GA. This, for those of you who don't know, is where I attended the University of Georgia for three years of my life (I graduated early. I'm smart like that. Or maybe not smart, depending how you look at the decision to spend less time napping and more time working for a living. Whichever). Anyways, if you want to feel old, I'm convinced there's no better way to acquire said feeling than coming to your college town and wondering if perhaps there's a young people's convention in town. Or maybe a large elementary school field trip? Oh wait. Those are the college students.

To get to Athens from our humble abode, you drive all the way down the longest, most boring road ever (and remember, I DO NOT exaggerate. Or rarely exaggerate). But seriously, I would like the good folks (whoever they are) who built the TARGET in the middle of nowhere to know that they startled me greatly with their bold business endeavor. Noticing the Target, I suddenly feared that I had made a turn without realizing it. Or maybe that I had driven clear past the (very large) UGA campus.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this "sleep-driving" (as I like to call it. Don't worry daddy, I don't ACTUALLY sleep while I drive). You know, when arriving at your destination you suddenly can't remember how you even managed to get there. Did you run a red light? Were you dancing and singing loudly to the Glee songs? (Not that I personally have done that one)

Speaking of Glee, the live music has just started up (yup, it's a classy craft show. Did you expect any less from me?) Which, I suppose, means I should get back to work.

*PS - I would post pictures of our cute little booth for you, but I forgot to charge my camera battery. Party foul.

5 comments:

  1. You're so funny! I wonder how I get places often....guess I'm weird like that too :)

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glee soundtrack coming out soon! Woot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Sleep driving."

    Have kinda done that too.

    Only maybe once though.

    Like your sense of humor

    Sweet dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog and love it!!! You have a beautiful blog and a really lovely way of writing! You should write a book :) haha
    If you would like please visit my blog www.littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com and enter my giveaway! We try to have a fun and AMAZING giveaway every Monday so I hope you choose to follow me so you wont miss out!
    Xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were part of building the target on 316... so you can thank me! haha =)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...