Monday, October 19, 2009

Think Pink: Hope


The theme at I Heart Faces this week is Pink, in honor of breast cancer awareness. I have been lucky (blessed really) enough to remain untouched by this disease so far, as far as my family and friends. However, I have been brought to tears by several of the inspiring and touching entries this week.
That said, I wasn't going to enter a picture this week because I thought that I wanted the spotlight to stay on breast cancer through survivors, memories, fights, bras, and more. However, I happened upon this picture of Jayci and decided to go ahead and enter it because it represents so much hope to me. And that's really what this week is all about isn't it? Hope for a future, for a cure, for fighting and winning. And nothing says that more to me than the sweet innocence of my little Jayci. I pray that she will never have to face breast cancer in her own life or in those around her. But if she does, I pray she will face it with courage and even joy in knowing that she serves a God who is still good, even when things are hard.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

*Visit I Heart Faces to see all this week's inspiring and uplifting entries (warning, I cried. But then I'm pretty much an emotional mess this week so that's to be expected)

16 comments:

  1. Love this post :) So inspiring and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty picture and such a great post. We are supporting, remembering, and fighting right along side those in need. Hope is a great word...HOPE is what we need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayci is absolutely adorable. I love the soft processing you did on this photo. It really fits the pink theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously,everything about this is beautiful in every sense of the word!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful words :) And such a sweet picture, it's a beautiful representation of hope! She's too adorable! Great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also cried at many of the entires this week and contemplated not entering myself. Thing is, is that it isn't just about the people with cancer here and now, it is about the future and our kids future too. Jayci is stunning in this photo. I am glad you went ahead and entered this week :) Hope is what we need. Life is worth fighting for!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pic of your precious girl, and yes, I have HOPE that by the time she's grown up, breast cancer's ravages will be nothing more than a memory. Oh.. I got a very special package today, by the way. In the process of working up a post.. I'll let you know when it's up! :<)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a strong, resolute, spunky, hopeful face. I think many people found her picture refreshing today.

    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifully stated and such an adorable picture of your sweet, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great words, and pretty in pink picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved Pam's post today - and it led me back to this one.

    Yes - that little one just radiates "hope". Love it.

    And I'm a bit jealous that you get to meet Pam. And that Pam gets to meet you. And if anybody gets to meet Jayci... well I'm just gonna cry from all the unfairness in the world. So... I need a plane ticket, huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. She is so very pretty in pink!!!

    Praying also that one day no daughter will have to suffer from the devastation of breast cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Think I can put one of those cute headbands on my son??

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought the same things as you and decided to post for the same reasons...but I'm so happy you included that verse! It is perfect.

    And Jayci...too cute for words

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful post! Your daughter is so pretty! Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. If this post made me tear up (which it did btw) I fear what the other posts would do to me!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...