Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A Belated Halloween Post

I need to apologize to y'all for taking so long to follow through with my "never-ending post" with promised halloween pictures/recap etc. I have noticed that my readership has dwindled a little, which I'm guessing is because of a lack of love and attention. Come to think of it, that's probably the same reason all our houseplants are dead too.

Anyhow, we arrived home from Dallas on Halloween afternoon, swung by and picked up Zack and Sabo, stopped at my parent's house to pick up Jayci, and went straight to Courtney and Ryan's for our annual halloween party/trick-or-treating etc. Oh and watching the GA/FL game. But we're not going to talk about that right now. It's too painful.

Unfortunately, it was a cold and rainy night. Even more unfortunately, that didn't seem to bother Zack and Sabo in the slightest. They were apparently just excited to be trick-or-treating at all (they cant go in their neighborhoods because it's not safe). I kept asking them if they wanted to go home, but nope. It might have had something to do with the UGA pillowcases they were carrying that were getting heavier and heavier with candy. Me? All I had were shoes that were getting wetter and wetter.

Here's our little ladybug with two Georgia football players. Let's be honest, they were a little ashamed of their performance in the game and had to console themselves with candy.
The little ladybug was a little tired, so she stayed home. You know the problem with only taking other people's kids trick-or-treating? No candy bags laying around to snoop out of. Not that I would ever do that.

**Side note: If anyone is in the Atlanta area and would like to come to Vision Atlanta's banquet, it's on Sunday November 15th. Tickets are $75 each and dinner is included. Some of the kiddos will be there, and a certain couple are featured speakers, sure to entertain you with their sparkling wit and incredible wisdom. Or not, but we ARE sharing our story (yikes!) . . . Send me an email (Becca1612 at hotmail dot com) if you want to come!

9 comments:

  1. Love those pics!! Missed being there with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so cute! I just found your blog recently and have become a loyal follower! :) I love reading all of your posts about your life, family, and ministry. Every time I read, I realize we have so much in common - makes me wish we had hung out more in college and that we could hang out more now if I didn't live off in NC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Won't be able to make the banquet, but maybe lunch on Monday after Thanksgiving? Check your calendar - I'm flexible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I wasn't COMPLETELY broke I would buy a ticket even though I can't come.

    Love the costumes. And I am SO jealous that you didn't have candy laying around at your house because I did have candy laying around here and I think I ate approximately 1 million pieces. And I am estimating on the lower side...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I wish I could come to the banquet!!! Ya'll do have some seriously sparkly wit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I soooo wish we were free on Sunday! I want to meet you IRL soon. Have fun speaking at the banquet--i'm sure you will inspire MANY people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She's the cutest little ladybug!

    that's what Allie was too...we got soaked on Halloween!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...