Friday, November 27, 2009

The Day After Thanksgiving

There are many reasons I love the day after Thanksgiving; shopping, however, is not one of them. A few years ago my sisters, Adam, and I went to the outlet mall at midnight. What could be more fun? I'll tell you what, large quantities of laundry and vacuuming - and y'all know how I hate to clean. But seriously, it was miserable. The lines were out the door, and I'm pretty positive that 2 hours of waiting in line does not make saving a few bucks worth it. Besides, they have this new thing called the INTERNET, and I prefer to do my Christmas shopping from the safety of my couch. With Diet Coke and a movie. Amen.

I do, however, love the day after Thanksgiving for a few different reasons. Namely, leftovers. Particularly sweet potatoes and stuffing. Oh and pumpkin pie. And turkey sandwiches. Who am I kidding, I love it all. And can I tell you what else I love? Having a pastry-chef for a sister. She's at home for Thanksgiving and today she made me some pumpkin brownies. Pumpkin brownies, people.

I also love that the day after Thanksgiving involves picking out a Christmas tree and decorating it. Because Christmas time, in my humble opinion, is truly the most wonderful time of the year. I love everything about it. This year, my sister even decided to give her boyfriend his Christmas present early, so we could enjoy it together for the entire month of December (Wii with the new Super Mario Brothers game). Hash (her boyfriend) might or might not have uttered the words "You must be joking me! This is the best present ever! What girlfriend gives her boyfriend video games?! This is amazing!" It was sweet. And yes, he's somewhere around the age of 22 or so, but it was still sweet. (Ok enough hazing the boyfriend on the blog, poor guy isn't even a part of the family).


Anyways, it was a fun day except that poor little Jayce-face has a bad cold and she's slightly miserable. And when she's not happy, she makes certain that no one is happy. Nevertheless, she did manage to bust out a few smiles for the camera today. Good thing she's so stinkin' cute, or I would have been seriously mad that she wouldn't let me sit down to enjoy my second Thanksgiving dinner.

Who, me? Like I would ever be fussy and ruin a perfectly good Thanksgiving meal.



This is her "silly face" - I love it.



15 comments:

  1. since when did she turn into a BIG GIRL! that second picture of her makes her look so old! where does the time go? she's just adorable and precious and beautiful! hope you had a wonderful thanksgiving (and day after thanksgiving!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I've missed this blog and its author.

    And seeing pictures of that sweet little girl and all her faces.

    We ate out for Thanksgiving yesterday. The yay? No kitchen clean-up chores. The boo? No leftovers today. Want to ship over a plate or two?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shopped online from work! Love the pics, she is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how did she get so grown up?!? she's absolutely precious!!

    glad you guys had a good thanksgiving. and i agree.. black friday shopping is so not for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are enjoying your leftovers and not letting a few little tantrums stand in your way! Love these pictures of Jayci. She is simply darling! We are completely decorated for Christmas here now. Can't wait to see your decorations. Now all I have to do is wrap some presents I have bought and get them under the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness becca!
    your little girl has grown up so much. what a cutie. those are such adorable shots of her.

    and yes!... Thanksgiving leftovers are SOOOO YUMMY.

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay that hair! sooo cute!

    I've given J two different video game consoles over our 6.5 years of marriage. It keeps him happy and amused so that keeps me happy! Hope y'all are having fun playing on the Wii!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The outlet mall is the WORST THING EVER after thanksgiving. It is not worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right. Every single thing about the day after Thanksgiving is PERFECT as long as you are NOT trying to go shopping. ICK! Spare me the stress! PS the baby is SO adorable. I can't take it Becca! Can not take it for one second!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I couldn't agree more with you about not wanting to get out to go shopping~give me a laptop and a credit card any day!
    Jayci is a cutie even if she doesn't feel well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that sweet girl, she's sooo precious!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, that girl is so cute! My favorite is the "who, me?" picture...ADORABLE! I find myself reading your blog and thinking to myself "me too!" about every other sentence about random little things you write about...your favorite things (especially your love for food!), your love for pictures, crafts, etc. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a perfectly wonderful holi-day after to me! And yes, I can see how Jayce's adorable quotient would make up for the meal disruptions!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am one of the crazies out shopping...but I LOVE it!

    Your daughter is just precious!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...