Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A List of Thankfulness

Can I just tell you how much I have to be thankful for this year? Because it's a lot.

And because I'm lazy and lists are easier than organizing coherent sentences, I present to you a thankful list for your reading pleasure.

1. I'm thankful for my husband, who is an amazing dad, love, and an even better friend. And my baby, who's not really so much of a baby any more. She brings SO much joy to our lives and I love her beyond what I even thought possible!
2. I'm thankful for our families, for how they support what we're doing downtown and are behind us 100% as the Lord leads us, even when it's to some uncertain and scary places. Not to mention how often they willingly let us pawn Jayci off on them so we can gallivant around and do ministry downtown.

3. Speaking of gallivanting around downtown, I'm thankful for the ticket Adam got for turning right on red, on the very same corner where we are offered drugs on a daily basis . . . Priorities cops, priorities (note the sarcasm on this one).

4. I'm thankful for the kids downtown and how much they teach me - about myself, about Jesus and about justice. Which reminds that I'm thankful for the home I grew up in, and that I wasn't born into the poverty, violence and lack of opportunity that the kids downtown have to face.

5. I'm thankful for my wonderful friends, the community we are a part of. I have another post coming about this soon. Try and contain your excitement please.

6. I'm thankful for FOOD: the reason Thanksgiving is one of my very favorite holidays. Which reminds me, two years ago on Thanksgiving Adam ate so much food that he was forced to lay on the bathroom floor (naked, or so I hear - thankfully I didn't witness it) until he threw up. And then he came down for some pumpkin pie. That's my boy.

Speaking of food, I'm also thankful for the toffee that my mother-in-law is making right this minute. My mouth may or may not be watering while I type this.

6. I'm thankful for good movies. We saw The Blind Side last night and  LOVED it. I'm hoping it will change some attitudes and lives in service to the kids we work with downtown. I'm telling you, the movie could have been about any one of our kiddos! And Sandra Bullock? Stellar performance. She reminded me of my friend Melissa the whole time.

7. But most of all, I'm thankful for a Savior who loves me regardless of how much of a mess I am, who teaches me new things about love and forgiveness daily and who has blessed me with a life that is abundantly more than anything I could have asked for or imagined.

6 comments:

  1. LOVED this.

    I so want to see that movie.

    And seriously, we have so much to be thankful for, and if only we could learn to focus on that other than just one day out of the year devoted to this. I pray he will open the eyes of my heart to all the good that's around me and the blessings he gives that I so do not deserve.

    Thank you for this and I'm thankful to have found you in the bloggy world. Love your heart and your passion for the ministry! And love you, girl :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post! I love reading what everyone else is thankful for. Even though we live such different lives, we all have the same God to thank for these amazing blessings!

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful list. I love the story about Adam...that's funny though I'm sure he didn't think so at the time!

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen. I am thankful for this post that is a wonderful reminder. And I am thankful for you Becca. You truly make the world a better and brighter place. Happy Thanksgiving to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So thankful for our Savior...

    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your list is so much more profound than mine! =) Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...