Monday, November 2, 2009

This is the Post that Never Ends . . .

Adam and I are in the midst of what we like to call "Epic Road Trip '09." We would make great weather announcers don't you think? I am writing this while sitting in front of a large movie theater TV room at my aunt and uncle's place. Not only that, but they also have a fireman's pole in their house. Could they be any cooler?

Tomorrow, we leave to go see my grandfather, more aunts, uncles, and cousins, in Michigan; before continuing on to Chicago for a mentoring conference and to enjoy some of my sweet sister's delicious goodies. Have I mentioned she is studying to be a pastry chef? Just look at some of her creations. I can feel myself gaining 5 pounds already (and it's totally worth it).
I am enjoying the time with my hubby and little one. But the fact that we left and drove through the night (because Jayci will sleep if we drive through the night right? Not so much) the day after we flew back from Dallas, has contributed to making me slightly exhausted.

But the truth is that God clearly has His hand all over our travels thus far. Not only by keeping us safe, but also because of how perfectly He ordained our trip, while preparing our hearts for it as well. Our trip to Dallas? Was a little bit (or a lot) out of my comfort zone. I mean, meeting someone online and going to their house? Especially if that someone calls themselves "hood mama"? Sketchy.

How did it happen? Well, I first read this post, and this one, and knew immediately that Melissa and I could be friends. And then I read this post, and this one, and realized that God had pointed our lives and our hearts in the exact same direction as theirs. And honestly? Adam and I were at a point where we were questioning what we were doing (just a little). Were/are we crazy thinking that God would be leading our family to live alongside the people we're serving? Even if those people live in a less-than-desirable neighborhood?

Thankfully, the Lord used Melissa and her sweet family (and Hannah) to encourage us deeply in our calling, in our ministry, and just in ourselves as a family pursuing the Lord's leading in our lives. Especially if that leading includes watching Top Chef, eating good Mexican food and large quantities of pizza, and having a household of craziness (which doesn't always = clean).

I just finished reading Melissa's post about our time there, and in my defense I DID take this one picture. And I would have taken more, but the kids were in their PJs still, and Melissa was insistent both times I tried to take out my camera that she wasn't camera ready (even though she has great hair and is just the cutest thing).
Regardless, her kids are just delightful and we enjoyed them immensely. Adam especially loved the opportunity to be a human jungle gym. Only after he made Sadie scrape her knees our first night there of course. Because we're all about making a good first impression.

**So it turns out this post is getting ridiculously long, so I will cover pt 2 (which includes halloween, UGA football, and Indiana . . . sounds exciting right?) tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Praise God! Glad you're having such a great time, ill pray for sleep soon!! I love you and i miss you and i CANNOT wait for you to get back so i can hear everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those desserts look amazing! It's fun to meet other bloggers face to face isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness those desserts look SO yummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The desserts look o.k., but LOOK AT THOSE CHILDREN!! That must be some fantastic gene pool! :). We miss you and love you and wish you lived next door. You were such a gift to us. Your hearts are so tender toward the Lord and his children. You're inspiring. Praying for you, your work, and another visit.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...