Sunday, December 27, 2009

Humbled in a Good Way

I have part of a verse in my blog header that has been close to my heart for a long time: "Do Justice, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly with our God." An excerpt from Micah 6:8, it's one of the few verses I REALLY know by heart - all because we recited it every week at "Calvinettes." Which sounds really weird, but actually wasn't all that different from being a boy scout or something. Clearly, however, that's another post for another day. . .

I've gotten off track again. Shocking, I know.

The hardest part of Micah 6:8 for me to actually LIVE OUT is often that last part: walking humbly with my God. It's this weird give and take because sometimes when I get the 'walking with God' part down, I lose sight of humility by getting all proud that I'm so good at walking with God. Yuck. That was embarrassing to even type.

But seriously, I am blessed to serve a God who is willing to humble me time and time again. Who never tires of reminding me that He delights in using me to love and serve others (to do justice and love mercy)but that ultimately HE is the only one who can actually change anyone.

I wrote this post last week that got a lot of attention. I knew it was a powerful story, and I knew it needed to be written. Nevertheless, I was absolutely blown away by y'alls response. And I dont mean the words you wrote and comments you left (which majorly encouraged me and lifted me up by the way). I mean actual, hands on, for real help. Including prayers, money, washing machines, diapers. Real needs being met in REAL ways. My friends, in that moment, I saw through an online community of some random people (many of whom I've never even met), exactly what the body of Christ should look like.

Know that more updates on this family and their situation are on the way, but for now I just wanted to say THANK-YOU. And to tell you that your words, prayers, and help are making a difference. For realz.

"To really help, you've got to get down in the pit with people and stay with them until they find the strength to get on your shoulders and climb out."

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it amazing how God shows us that He hears and that He cares? He wanted that family to know the love of Jesus. He wanted you to know He provides. He wanted us to see His glory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I missed that post and I just went bacl and read it. Wow! That brought tears to my eyes. What you and Adam are doing for these kids is incredible. You let the Lord shine through you and that is what those sweet kids need the most. Keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...