Monday, December 21, 2009

Why the Last Minute can be the Best Minute

Christmas is almost here. I feel very snuck-up-on this year for some reason. It's like I didn't even see it coming. As if it doesn't happen at the same time every single year.

But seriously, this entire year has just flown by. It's been one of those years where the Lord has stretched us mightily. And it turns out that the stretching can be painful sometimes. But I am resting in knowing that all the stretching was necessary to "warm us up" for what He has planned for us in 2010.

I know you are all as tired of hearing about the economy as I am, but we did NOT choose the most "opportune" to step into ministry, cut our pay, and have a kid. Weird how God's perfect timing doesn't always line up with our ideas or logic. It's like "His ways are higher than our ways" or something.

That said, things are really tight for us financially - both personally and in our ministry - right now. That's why I'm asking all of you, my blog readers, friends, facebook friends, rich strangers . . . to help us.

If anyone is as behind as I am, and still working on your year-end contributions, we would certainly love and appreciate your partnership in our ministry. Or if you're looking ahead to next year and deciding where you want to invest on a monthly (or one time) basis, we would be so grateful if you'd consider us.

I went through and tried link to some of the posts I've written that I think give the best picture of what we do as a ministry. Besides learning that I should give my posts more informative titles, I've also discovered that God has done some AMAZING things in the lives of some really great kids through us. What an honor that we were able to be a part of that.
One Very Cold Night
Baby Steps
Debut - Broken Voices
Sabo (and Saviour's Story)
When Life Gets Messy - pt 1 and pt 2
Mama D's House

Anyone who's been reading my blog knows that I went through Beth Moore's Esther study this past fall. Despite being notoriously forgetful, there is one verse from the book of Esther which remains stuck in my mind: "For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" (Esther 4:14-emphasis mine).

This verse has been echoing in my head and heart over the past couple weeks as I've been thinking about (and majorly vacillating) over whether or not to write this post. We know that God LOVES all of His children. And that there is a special, tender place in His heart for the fatherless, for the widows, the orphans, the poor, the forsaken, the brokenhearted. For that reason, we are assured that even if WE weren't reaching out to our kiddos, God would raise up help for them from some other place. However, we feel like God has molded our lives and hearts specifically for the ministry we're in. And we hope and pray that our "for such a time as this" will continue. And just as Esther's answer was "If I perish, I perish" - so too our hearts are willing even when things dont make sense. When our finances don't add up. When kids are evicted or mentors back out. Even when the situation seems utterly hopeless. . . Because as Beth said in her study: The what (YES Lord!) is up to us, but thankfully the HOW is up to HIM.

As the year draws to a close, I can't help thinking about this verse in terms of all our supporters. Because as scary as it is, we must trust that even if each and every one of you chooses not to support us financially, help will arise from another place. But who knows that you were placed in such a position (whether financially, as a prayer warrior, friend, support etc) for such a time as this.

























*If you would like to donate a different monthly amount, just let us know and we will set up a subscription for you.

4 comments:

  1. Becca, I love that verse and I do believe you are there "for such a time as this" I do pray for your ministry and will continue to be a prayer warrior for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying you guys..and spreading the word :)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl. Prayer is powerful.. but the reality is that it doesn't pay the bills. I wish I could hand you a million dollars; I have no doubt but that you would use it wisely. I don't have that chunk, but I CAN promise a small amount monthly. And yes, God wants to use us in these ways... IF we'll let him. I tell people about you a lot, but my words, while sweet, can't put food on your table or a roof over your head~and if you don't have those, it's hard to fulfil His mission for you). Praying that, if we all come together, God will move us to provide exactly what you need.. BELIEVING that He will make it wokr....

    ReplyDelete
  4. The harvest is ripe but the laborers are few! This is so true, Becca. But you have stepped out IN FAITH and your boss is the most FAITHFUL of all. I'm claiming His blessings over you and your ministry. He is our provider even in these difficult times. I keep thinking about how he fed Elijah by ravens (and sometimes I've thought it would seriously come to that!!) And I know that if He gives me a little extra from His table, I will be so blessed to pass it along to you! My husband and I used to be in youth ministry and I honestly know how hard it can be yet how incredible and miraculous it is to see God provide against all odds. I'm praying that He opens the storehouses of His good treasure and pours it on you.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...