Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Moderation is Key

Have you ever heard someone say that they have an "addictive personality"? I've heard it before and was never quite sure what it meant, exactly. I mean, I understand the gist of what they're saying (despite what Sabo and Zack say, I'm not really that "slow"), but what exactly does it look like?

But now I'm thinking I might have one. Why do I think that?
Exhibit A: Diet Coke. Just look at the plethora of empty cans in my car and recycling bin if you want to know how bad that one is.
Exhibit B: Cheese, and cheese dip in particular. Because cheese literally makes EVERYTHING taste better.
Exhibit C: Mexican food. I can eat it every single day of the week without getting sick of it. And I proved that two weeks ago.
Exhibit D: Whipped cream from a can. I love it. I will have hot chocolate, coffee, pumpkin pie, ice cream . . . just so I can load it up with whipped cream on top. We're talking like a can a week, and Adam barely uses any. I blame my mom, she's the one who taught me (along with my sisters and various cousins) to spray it directly into my mouth.

I feel as though my problem is mostly a matter of knowing when to stop. My best friend always tells her son to "listen to his body" (he's potty training) and I'm pretty sure that's what I should be doing. But my body gives me mixed signals. My stomach might say "Stop. For the love of all that's good in the world, stop." But my taste buds? They're singing a different tune.

Unfortunately, I think I may have passed my inability to use moderation or self-control in food consumption onto my daughter. Because this is her "I ate too much cake" face . . . And trust me, I recognize it because I know just how she feels.

20 comments:

  1. This post cracked me up! Our dogs love whipped cream as a treat. We just squirt a little bit on the floor! You arent the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellooo... that's me with coffee. CanNOT stop, no matter how bad the buzz gets. Even buy the "Rockstar" stuff in a can if I can't get a hot cuppa. (and as for cheese...right now, Kroger has a deal going on... buy any 10 of certain designated items, all of which are already on sale, and get $5 off your bill. And yes, there is a plethora of cheese in the mix... shredded, sliced, you name it. My fridge is full... oh, and there are some Mexican items as well. I have leftover steak, so we will be noshing on steak enchiladas tonight.... smothered in cheese.... mmmmm.... )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Jayci's face is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious picture!!!

    I read your post this morning and you made me want cheese dip, so I went to walmart and now I am eating some! :)

    I could also eat Mexican food 3 times a day, 7 days a week, and never get tired of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally have an addictive personality like that too... but sadly, my face doesnt look that adorable when I have chocolate smeared all over my face! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute!!! And I am so with you on the Mexican food and cheese. If it didn't taste so darn good, then I'd be able to stay away!!! well.. maybe =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I just repost that to my blog. That is ME all over... down to loving whipped cream which I don't keep in my house for the very reason that it doesn't last very long there! Love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhh. I know that face too! poor thing!

    Also - I wanted to tell you that I have an award for you on my blog when you have the chance to stop by.
    Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! She is too cute...she looks so guilty!

    I am so addicted to Diet Coke...and the BIG ones from Burger King, haha! I would even drag the kids out in bad weather...like a 'coke' addict and say, "Mommy needs to get a drink!" I have no self control when it comes to food either...luckily i've been restricted to what i can eat lately because of some dental work, and it's killing me! I'm in withdrawal not having me some chips and salsa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahah LOVE IT! I have an addicitve personality also, don't worry!

    ReplyDelete
  11. she is te most adorable thing ever!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha and so are you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had three baskets of chips at South of the Border last night.

    I may know a little of this addiction thing.

    PS - Good to know that we already know what kind of restaurant we'll go to next time I'm town.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whipped Cream from a can. I knew I liked you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I swear I just love her! and your sense of humor makes we think we would get along splendidly :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That face. That precious face and that look. Oh good grief, that picture made my weekend!!

    Yeah, my body lies to me all the time. Or else waits UNTIL I've eaten the last milk chocolate macadamia lacy to say, "You shouldn't have eaten that last one." Really? Now you tell me?

    I'd love to meet moderation.He must not live in my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That face. That precious face and that look. Oh good grief, that picture made my weekend!!

    Yeah, my body lies to me all the time. Or else waits UNTIL I've eaten the last milk chocolate macadamia lacy to say, "You shouldn't have eaten that last one." Really? Now you tell me? Also, I'm a suggestible follower apparently because I'm craving cheese and Mexican food. Thanks, Becca. Swell.

    I'd love to meet moderation.He must not live in my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i'm catching up on the 3000 + blog posts I missed out on these past three weeks and this post just made me stop and crack up. LOVE the picture, love the commentary. hilarious

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...