Friday, January 15, 2010

Modern Community of Rock and Recreation

Adam and I are what you like to call moochers good friends who are giving and loving and generous. And we don't have cable. But luckily for us, our dearest friends who live just down the road? They do have cable. And DVR. Hallelujah.

Every Thursday night, we head over there for a fun night of happy-funny-crazy television. Our favorite NBC Thursday night line-up (Parks & Rec, Community, Office, 30 Rock) plus a little gem from Wednesday night called Modern Family.

I just thought I should let you know how much you need to watch these shows. Because that's what I'm here for: to make your life a little funnier. And lets be honest, these shows are far funnier than I am.

In fact, I've been finding myself laughing all day today thinking about last night's episodes of 30 Rock. Particularly Kenneth taking pictures of himself on the computer, and when he heard the noise for people over 40. Oh and Jack Black on Community? Hilarious.

Amy Poehler's real-life husband was on Parks & Rec, playing the bad date. It made me laugh.

And why, oh why, is Modern Family so funny? Last week's episode with the ferberizing totally cracked me up: "Don't talk black to me." And this week was hilarious as well, I couldn't stop laughing at Cam with the dog at the end. Funny stuff people.

OK so this is the most pointless post ever. I apologize for that. But follow the links and enjoy the hilarious fun which will surely ensue.

15 comments:

  1. I totally love ALL of those shows! Loved Joel McHale on the Soup anyways- so glad to see his show being so funny too!

    Some really good comedies on now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 Rock, Modern Family and Community - I LOVE THEM!! They each make me laugh OUT LOUD - and I watch them by myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those shows...and that's the question I also ask myself every week.."Why is Modern Family SO funny????"

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I don't really watch any of those shows so I'm gonna have to say you are funnier than they are! Not sure why, but I haven't but maybe it's because I have two crazy kids that won't let me sit, relax and watch tv. I am more of a Grey's and Desperate Housewives kind of girl. Maybe I am just not intelligent enough to 'get' the humor on those shows. Oh, and don't you just LOVE hulu. Saves a ton of time watching shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all that you have picked as well. Wednesday and Thursday my DVR is over loaded!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE Community. Best show ever! (besides Lost)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have heard all of those are hilarious...but my DVR is only so capable and I shamefully have too many to watch anyway (esp. on Thursdays)!

    But, the previews always crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the kind words :) I love Thursday TV lol! best day of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never watched any of those shows. Tonight I watched the Bachelor just because I want to talk about it when my friends (and by friends I mean BLOGGING friends) talk about it... I am a LOSER. In all capitals!

    I had to cut my bachelor debut short when Gary said he had been wanting a cookie all day and couldn't I go make him one.
    Punk. I guess so : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. i've been wanting to check our modern family, you've pushed me over the edge. i'm starting tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hear about Modern Family from everyone. I guess I'm going to have to give in and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great shows. And, I agree that Kenneth is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're with you on Modern Family, Office and 30 Rock. I only gave Parks & Recreation one try and didn't love it. Community we liked a little better but couldn't work it into the schedule.

    "Don't talk black to me" episode? HILARIOUS!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...