Friday, January 22, 2010

Saltines + Toffee = Yummy

I'll admit I was a little skeptical the first time my mother-in-law offered me some of her toffee with saltines. I wasn't sure how good it was going to be, but since I'm never one to turn down sweets, I tried it. And I am so glad I did. Because y'all, it is delicious. Let's just put it this way: last week she brought us a ziploc bag full, and I ate it ALL without even telling Adam she brought it over (oops, I think I just let the cat out of the bag on that one).

Anyways, Tiffani mentioned this saltine toffee the other day, and I have been craving it ever since. We had some sweet friends over for dinner last night, which gave me the perfect excuse to make some for dessert. Although mine doesn't ever look as good as my mother-in-law's, it still tastes delicious. Which means it is super-easy to make, seeing as I'm slightly impaired in the kitchen.

All this to say (my English teachers always begged me to be more concise. I just don't have it in me apparently) that I thought I'd share the toffee-love and give y'all the recipe. Because I'm generous like that.

And no, I don't have any pictures. That may or may not be because we ate it all before I had time to even get out my camera.


Toffee Nut Crunch
1 stack saltines
1 c. butter (NOT margarine - go for the good stuff people)
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. chopped nuts
1 pkg milk chocolate chips
-------
Combine butter, brown sugar and nuts in large saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spread over saltines in foil-lined jelly roll pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips over top, and then spread when melted. Cool, break into pieces, and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for this! I was going to get Tiffani to track down her Aunt Gayle/Gail/I forget and get the recipe but you posted it here! And I don't have a single snack in this house that I want to eat AND I have all these ingredients! It's as if this were just meant to be, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GRACIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deservedly, the saltine stuff gets its own post!!

    Seriously, who KNEW that stuff could be so incredibly delicious?!

    I'm so glad to know that someone else has tasted and loves its goodness!!

    I'm off to make some too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I love this stuff too!! Glad you reminded me about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffani's sister here. Yes, Aunt Gail delivered this heavenly goodness to my house last Christmas and I'm still having dreams of it regularly. WON-DER-FUL!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...