Tuesday, January 19, 2010

This Level of Random takes Skillz

It's really just that my brain doesn't seem to be functioning properly. And when I typed that, I got a bad case of deja-vu. Have I been saying that a lot lately?

*I realized I had made an egregious error in my random television show post. I left out Chuck. Which may or may not be one of the best shows on television. Somehow it manages to meld comedy with action and romance, and it actually works people. Watch it. And please dont leave any comments regarding this week's episode, which sadly I have not yet watched.
I also failed to mention Fringe. It's like LOST meets X-Files meets "what the heck is going on?" Which I love. And I especially love Pacey from Dawson's Creek is in it. I always have trouble remembering what his name is on Fringe.
Peter, it's Peter. And his dad on the show (Walter) totally cracks me up with his crazy. Plus, it turns out that he was a star in the movie "One Night with the King." Anyone catch him in that Blockbuster hit? Something was funky with his eyes though, thankfully he's gotten that issue fixed since then.
(And by the way, I really don't watch that much tv - we cram it all into one or two nights a week.)

*We went to a wedding this past weekend, which was much like a mini-high school reunion. Fun times. I was a little nervous to see some people I hadn't seen in years. Luckily, they recognized me. It was Adam with his grizzly-beard and long hair that threw them for a loop (Adam and I are high school sweethearts for those of you who didn't know . . . )
These girls were my best friends in high school. It was such a treat to see them all again and reconnect a little.

*Jayci loves to read. I have always loved to read, so it warms my heart a little to see her loving it too. It makes me feel like there really is a piece of me somewhere inside her outgoing, blond-headed little self.
*Speaking of Jayci, I really am totally at a loss as to what to do with the whole smacking me in the face thing. Honestly, it's hard for me not to laugh when she does it. Every time she doesnt get her way, I give her a time out, she's throwing a fit etc, she up and slaps me in the face. With a cute terrible little look in her eyes. And we're talking pretty hard people. I've been giving her time outs and holding her hands so she cant hit me again. But it doesnt seem to be working. How do I know? Oh, just because the second I get her out of time out she hits me again and I have to put her back in. It's a viscious, exhausting cycle.

*Our dog, Maverick, is currently sporting the cone of shame (Up anyone?) The problem is that, as Zack and Sabo describe it, he wont stop licking his "no balls" (because he's been fixed . . .) and even the "yuck spray" we bought didn't seem to deter him. So cone of shame it is. Poor guy, he's scared to move very much in it so he just sits there mostly. I feel bad for him and sneak it off when Adam's not home. But then it's back to licky-lick, so I have to put it back on. It's another viscious, exhausting cycle.

*Needless to say, I'm feel exhausted from all the cycles. Not to mention the stomach bug which seems to have bitten me yesterday. Yuck. I dont even want cheese or diet coke, which means something must be seriously wrong with me.

15 comments:

  1. I love your random posts! And you don't have to worry about me spilling the beans on Chuck's last episode cause I don't watch that either. I seriously must have missed the boat when it comes to prime time shows!
    Hope your puppy gets over his 'no ball' licking stage soon too :) Not sure what to tell you about the slapping stage though. Since slapping her back and seeing how she likes it is out of the question, I'd say maybe taking her hand and gently caressing your face with her hand and saying 'we don't hit we use gentle touches' (or something to that effect) is your best bet. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love FRINGE too! It is one of mine and Brian's favorite shows!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it amazes me how you can make a dog licking its "no balls" so funny. :) you are truly witty my friend. love you and your sweet girl... even though she slaps you. Stay consitent (coming from a girl who is not a mom... but from my kiddos I teach, consistent in discipline is key) ... love you and praying for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Random is good. Chuck is awesome! And misbehaving babies are so frustrating. I wish I had some advice to share, but just tonight I was struggling with a WILLFUL child. I keep hearing consistency is key. Which, of course, if WAY harder than it sounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that picture of jayci reading! i also love reading and hope my daughter gets that from me, as the hubs is not a reader at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ugh. i'm so sorry. we had the stomach bug this weekend...miserable! i love fringe too. the hitting...that's a hard one. i always try time out first. we do time out in her pack in play. that way, i dont have to "hold" her anywhere. its worked for us. i always tell her why she's in time out right as i put her in. then when i take her out, i remind her why she was in time out and then drop it. my biggest piece of advice is 1.) be consistent and 2.) dont give up!!! if you're doing time out for her hitting you, keep doing it over and over and over and over and over and over again. addie's 22 months (today) and i can honestly say that the things we've been consistent w/ her on (hitting, tantrums (usually), and just not obeying), have started to sink in and she responds w/ a 2nd request/reminder. i agree w/ carrie about showing her how to be gentle. sometimes i think addie hits and hasnt meant to (other times, i know she has!) but like w/ the dog/cats, we try to talk about 1.) being gentle and 2.) how to be gentle (showing her) and 3.) that it makes us sad when she's not gentle (like, hear the cat crying bc you've pulled her tail type kinda thing). now i'm really rambling. have i mentioned i love your blog :) and that jayce is growing way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you crack me up - every time! I need to start reading your posts when I'm at home instead of at work so I'm not that person that randomly laughs out loud from the quiet of her desk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh snap--did you barf?
    and i havent watched chuck or ANYTHING yet this week, so let's plan to spend an hour or six together asap.
    but i'll tell you all this in two minutes when you drop off that doll-face, slapper as she may be. :)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chuck AND Pacey? No cone of shame for me - I'm in love with both of them.

    In a totally married and digging my husband sort of way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the randomness of this post, haha!!! You have some serious skillz my friend, LOL!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Chuck! It's such a fun show. My other new fav is White Collar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Chuck is the best. I am rewatching previous episodes so my husband can get caught up & hooked right along side me. So so great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OK, I LOVE me some Pacey from Dawson's Creek. I just dont know if I would be able to handle him being on another show! And you always make me laugh! Oh and my nephew smacks us all in the face, and we try our hardest not to laugh but its so dang funny. When we were at Disney World this past summer he would smack us the whole time we were standing in line, then he pulled my shirt and revealed "the girls" to the men in line behind us and my family acted like it was the funniest thing that had ever happened. I was mortified. SOrry that was a long random story but the hitting in the face made me think of it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Chuck. We are huge Chuck fans!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...