Monday, February 1, 2010

I Heart Faces: Favorite Places

I am a little confused (which is shocking I know) about this week's theme at I Heart Faces. Is it romantic places or just favorite places? I should probably just go check their post/instructions. But since the extent of our romantic trip pictures is this one (which I supposed could be considered romantic in a "hi we're really weird" kind of way . . . )I figured I'd just go with some pictures of one of my very favorite places ever. That's right, Camp Grace. And it starts up again in just 125 days! For those of you who don't know, we work at a summer camp for inner-city kids. You can read some of my posts from last summer by going here and then clicking on "newer post" (I think. To be honest, I'm not really sure if that method works, but it sounds good.)

We went up there the other day to get set up for a retreat group that rented it out, and I got super-excited by all the new stuff that's been added. Like a pool house/pool. And giant tent with walls and carpet. And horses. And an amphitheater.

Jayci is obsessed with the horses. Here she is trying desperately to climb the fence and get in with them. Would you believe that I wouldnt let her run around with about 8 horses, 2 of which are mean little "miniature horses"? Crazy mom.
Here's Jayci and her husband Turner. And yes, when I say 'husband' I mean it, Sabo performed the ceremony last time he was over. Turner said "Adoo" and Jayci blew kisses, so it's totally legit. Anyways, here they are playing in the construction dirt. What fun.The amphitheater is just one of the most beautiful places at camp. And the coolest thing about it is that the guys who built it for us (and donated all that concrete!) researched the dimensions and wood used for the actual cross. So that cross up there? It's pretty close to what the real one would have looked like.The big tent (it's on a deck) for eating, meeting etc. Yay for large semi-indoor space!
The new poolhouse through the trees. Really excited to have the pool this summer and not just the lake!
Oh look! A tee-pee so large it can sleep 10 people inside! The plan is to have 4 or 5 of them so every kid can "camp out" in the tee-pee one night of camp.
The fort. We call it "Fort KW" because Keller Williams has donated most of the money for us to build it. It's only a third of the way built right now, hopefully we'll get it all the way built before camp 2011.
Just so you know, the place is even more beautiful when all the kiddos are there. It's magic I think. I couldn't help but include this one of my best friend's beautiful little boy from our trip up there this week. Look at those curls. I could just die. He's ready for Adam to take him for a Polaris ride. I dont blame him, they're pretty fun. Just make sure you wear your seat belt because Adam doesn't do slow.
As always, visit I Heart Faces for more fun pictures of favorite places. Maybe the rest of them will be romantic. Who knows?

20 comments:

  1. What a fantastic place to take the kids ~ beautiful photos too :D!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... looks like such an amazing place! I loved your pictures from camp last year... what a facility though! A wonderful place to just relax & love!!!

    And what an adorable son-in-law you have! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks like an amazing camp. That is awesome. I love your pictures too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so laughed out loud when I saw that first picture. Your hubby’s face is priceless. I can tell it probably depicts his personality to a T.
    Can I go to camp? Those pictures seriously make me want to go. How beautiful is that cross!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great. What a wonderful thing you do for the kids :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those pictures-they are so beautiful! I can feel how passionate you are through them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Love the shot of you two. Too funny. And Camp Grace looks like an amazing place to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Becca,

    Thanks for stopping by my site and saying 'hi'! I always love the bloggy love:)

    The camp looks awesome--makes me wish I could take a break for a while...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the hair in the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, looks like such a wonderful place. You and Adam do such wonderful things for so many. Thank you for all that you do and all that you are :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that first pic! Too funny. Camp Grace looks like a beautiful place. How rewarding that you get to be involved there. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice colors! The location looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a fun place to be! Love the last pic too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like a really fun place to take the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! It's really beautiful there! I would like to visit it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. my daughter is obsessed (and completely fearless) with the horses at our camp, too:) they come back memorial day...

    ReplyDelete
  17. so. your first pic made me laugh out loud. and I am still smiling! Love all the other beautiful pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved this post. I didn't do one last week since they said it was supposed to be about your favorite romantic places. We aren't romantic at all. Seriously. Not at all. I wouldn't be opposed to romance, but apparently Gary IS opposed to it since it never occurs : )

    I love your camp! I am so excited for the ways you get to minister to our kids. I love that so much. You are a constant blessing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...