Saturday, February 20, 2010

On Our Faces

I don't mean to be bossy, but watch this episode (there's 2 parts) of Extreme Home Makeover. For realz y'all, that's what we want our lives and home to look like in Atlanta! I'm not saying we want a big, beautiful extreme makeover house (although we wouldn't turn it down) -- but their hearts, their HOME, their family being a safe place for those kids. . . It's beautiful.

(*side note: that beautiful white furniture was probably not the best choice Ty. Just sayin, I know from experience)
Speaking of Extreme Makeover, watching this episode reminded me of something that Louie Giglio said at Catalyst this year. He pointed out that when the bus moves, the first thing they show is NOT the house, but the people's faces when they see their house. Why? Because the house is on their faces. You KNOW it's a beautiful, life-changing, amazing, fantastic house simply because of the looks/tears/expression/jumping-up-and-down of the family seeing it. And that's how we should be as Christians. People should be able to look at us and see Jesus on our faces.
(ps- this is not the family from this week's episode, I couldn't find a picture of them, but you get the idea )

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord."

-2 Corinthians 3:18

4 comments:

  1. Going to watch...you are deep..love how the LORD gave you this perspective from watching this show

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, can you EVEN imagine the look on our faces when the bus finally moves and we see Heaven's gates???? THAT's what I try to focus on when my little cancer buddies leave this world, just trying to imagine the joy and awe and wonder of walking into the best place EVER. One is steps away from heaven right now, and it's breaking my heart.
    On another note... I have heard this song over and over lately, and EVERY time I hear it, I think of you. EVERY time, it's your face, and your hands, and your feet that I see in my mind. I love it.. and I love you, friend. You are amazing....

    Follow You--Leeland

    You lived among the least of these
    The weary and the weak
    And it would be a tragedy for me to turn away.

    All my needs you have supplied.
    When i was dead you gave me life.
    How could i not give it away so freely?

    And i`ll follow you into the homes that are broken.
    Follow you into the world.
    Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God.
    Follow you into the world.

    Use my hands use my feet
    To make your kingdom come
    Through the corners of the earth
    Until your work is done
    `cause faith without works is dead
    And on the cross your blood was shed
    So how could i not give it away so freely?

    And i`ll follow you into the homes that are broken.
    Follow you into the world.
    Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God.
    Follow you into the world.
    (x2)

    I give all myself.
    I give all myself
    I give all myself.to you.

    And i give all myself.
    Yes i give all myself.
    And i give all myself.to you.

    And i`ll follow you into the homes that are broken
    Follow you into the world.
    Meet the needs for the poor and the needy God.
    Follow you into the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that episode so much. I cried and cried. Is this the one you were talking about when you said you were home in your snuggli? It inspired me to find that show. I cried too.

    Now you are on my favorite list!

    Stop being mean or I will NEVER build you a house!

    PS I can see Jesus in your blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful post, becca. and thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog. God bless you!!! btw, I have many friends and even some family in Woodstock! lovely place! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...