Monday, March 8, 2010

A Lake and Some Guacamole

As I mentioned last week, Adam and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary on March 4th. Before we were in ministry full-time, we enjoyed anniversary getaways to Jamaica, a cruise to the Bahamas, a whirlwind trip through beautiful Charleston . . . However, it turns out that poor missionaries living on support can't be picky, so we went to stay at our dear generous friend's lake house. To be honest, my expectations weren't terribly high. How nice could someone's lake house really be? And besides, we already went out for some FANCYEE Mexican food and mojitos, followed by a movie at the dollar theater, so I was pretty much good to go for the next year (ahem. That is sarcasm in case you are reading Adam).

But y'all, the lakehouse? It was beautiful. Beyond what we expected fo' shizzle (which means "for sure" for all your suburbanites and Canadians out there). We spent so much time talking (and NOT just about our kiddos and our ministry . . . which was refreshing and surprising and beautiful). We sat outside overlooking the water and read books and fished. I'll let you decide who did what. We prayed. We played games (most notably, I beat the tar out of Adam in poker). We ate lots of food. We chilled (er, warmed) in the hot tub. We watched The Office and Modern Family. We enjoyed the overwhelming quiet. And did I mention that it was sunny and semi-warm? So pretty much it was a perfect weekend.

For some reason I have no pictures of the ballin' lake house, or even the full view. However, here's some snapshots of our weekend for your viewing pleasure.



Adam making homemade guacamole. I have never loved him more.
And because I love my bloggy friends oh-so-much, I took a picture of the chips we used for said-guacamole. Because they may have been the best chips ever. I tend to go through chip-phases. First it was those Tostidos golden corn ones, which have since dropped off the face of the earth. Then there was the days of "hint of lime," followed quickly by "hint of jalapeno." Lately, I've been all about the Multigrain Tostidos (which are clearly extremely healthy because hello? multigrain.) But I may have been converted. I do believe we may have entered the era of the Southwestern On the Border chips. Hallelujah.
Adam can't help but climb on large machinery with giant blades. Seriously, it's a sickness I think. And then he forces me to take pictures. Which makes me feel exceedingly nervous. Have I mentioned I'm a rule-follower?
Yes, the owner of the lake house is Canadian. And so am I. Clearly, a match made in heaven.

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys had fun and that the house was awesome! Love the pictures! OH, and I take pictures too. I love looking at all of yours. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a perfect weekend!!!! I loved seeing all the pics! And thank you for the valuable chip info....that is why I love you.

    Glad ya'll had fun! Happy Anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO thankful you were able to get away and sow time into your FIRST ministry! Praise God!
    Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks a beautiful get away... & forget the Bahama's when you can wisk away & have your husband make guacamole? Oh man.. that trumps EVERYTHING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like a lovely weekend - everyone needs a break and time to get away and be refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because I am nothing if not helpful, I find the Santitas to be a delightful chip. They hold the guac very well.

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, how awesome!! That hammock says it all!! Peace and Quiet! So glad you guys got to get away and recharge!! With guacamole, no less : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I am so glad ya'll were able to step away and enjoy each other for a moment....

    Lately I've really been struggling with the concept of wealth and with my understanding of what God calls us to, and stories like this one, stories of people sharing their wealth and belongings to bless and refresh those in ministry, remind me that God grants wealth for the use of his kingdom.... What a blessing to be able to share!

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL pictures, Becca!! (This is Court, under our other profile.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jealous! Your anniversary sounds like such a great time. Beats going out to dinner and drinking way more than you should, only to wake up with one doozy of a hangover the next day (not that that has ever happened to me...ahem!)
    Wish I lived closer so I could sample some of your hubby's guacamole. I LOVE me some guac!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful pics. Sounds like you had an a-mazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Besides the picture of the chips, of course, I think I love the last one of the adirondack chairs most of all. Besides, how cool a word is "adirondack"?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...