Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Apparently, I am a Matron

A few weeks ago, I was the "matron-of-honor" in one of my best friend's weddings. Doesn't "matron" sound like a nice, portly 65 year old? Cause that's how I felt. Not to mention that I was the only bridesmaid (er, brides-matron) with flats instead of heels. Old I tell you.

Other than feeling old, the wedding was just delightful. My friend Gini was a beautiful bride. It helps that she is the most creative, encouraging, loving person ever. And I know this well because because we lived together for 2 years. Without a single fight, or even a disagreement really. It helps that she likes the yellow and green sour patch kids and I like the orange and red ones. A match made in heaven.

Here is the lovely couple.
I told you she's creative: she had the bridesmaids wear black dresses with all different color shoes. Like I mentioned, my shoes didn't make the cut for this picture because they're flats. Lame.
My husband and me at the wedding. Isn't he so special? And in need of a hair cut?
This is the oh-so-much-younger MAID of honor and I giving our "please don't make us give the toast in front of all these people" looks.
Gini's sweet parents watching her first dance as a married woman.
If you take a look at how they decorated their getaway car, you'll see why she's a girl after my own heart. . . diet coke cans galore.
And they're off to Hawaii. I'm not jealous. Ok, maybe a little.

14 comments:

  1. Congrats to them! Hope you had a smashing time in your flats - I'm sure you looked cuter than the rest of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT! You can not be a matron. Matron DOES sound old.... You sure are a pretty matron though.

    What a fun wedding. So glad you had a great time. I think Adam's shaggy hair looks fun. Funky!

    The shoes idea was SO creative. I LOVE that :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm... let's think of some replacement terms for Matron. Already-hitched? Not-Eligible-For-Bouquet-Catching? Wife of Honor? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... let's think of some replacement terms for Matron. Already-hitched? Not-Eligible-For-Bouquet-Catching? Wife of Honor? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures!!! And how cute are those shoes, and I’m sure your flats were too. Again, beautiful pictures!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing wrong with flats!! I think "matron" just means off the market! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You seriously crack me up!! You look beautiful!! And do you realize we will see each other in TWO DAYS!! AHH! P.S. email me your phone number

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.P.S I can't find you on twitter, are you sure you're on there?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're about as matronly as Miranda Lambert, Becca. I'm sure you were just doing the other girls a favor by wearing flats so that your tall, willowy gorgeousness didn't overshadow them. Pfffft on the prejudice towards flats; poor little shoes. They deserved to be in the picture...
    What a gorgeous bride; love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful wedding! and you looked awesome!

    and yea.. matron? not a flattering word. but you were a gorgeous one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. :) oh matron! i love that not only are you younger than me but also the maid ;) you are wonderful. thanks for helping make the day/weekend so special! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alright, Becca, I was about to say what Gini said!!! She and Liz were older than some of the people in our class! And the flats were the smartest thing at the wedding. I thought they were adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never understood that whole 'Matron of Honor' thing anyway. Maybe it means 'mature' or 'most important'!!! Yeah, that is it :)
    You did a great job with the pictures too! Love all of the colorful shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet post! Love the shoes on the sill:)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...