Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dessert from a pastry chef who happens to be my sister

The theme this week at I Heart Faces is dessert photos. And let me just confess something: Adam and Courtney and I spent a good 5 or 40 minutes scouring the entries for something delicious to satisfy our sweet tooth last night. Luckily, we found the perfect thing: chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. Umm, yes please and thank-you. And they did not disappoint; however, one cupcakes smothered in icing was enough to fill my stomach and maybe put me into a slight sugar coma. Here's the recipe if you want to try them yourself. Trust me, you won't be sorry you did.

And see? I told Adam that I Heart Faces is the most helpful website ever. Perhaps now he'll believe me, since they satisfied his insatiable need for chocolate. Seriously, that boy has a worse sweet tooth than me. One time, he did the "brownie diet." But that's another story for another post.

Since I don't usually take pictures of my culinary creations (because they turn out, more often than not, less than pretty), my entry this week is a picture I took of something my sister made. My youngest sister, Emma (not the one getting married), went to the French Pastry School in Chicago last year. She's amazing, and every time she's home I somehow find my way over there in hopes that she is making something delicious.

I mean just look at these homemade, from scratch, cream puffs. Hello perfection. She made these for a baby shower I threw, and I may have eaten a few (5 is a few right?) while I was stuck in traffic on my way to the shower. What? I needed sustenance.
For more mouth-watering deliciousness, visit I Heart Faces! And the amazing Bakerella is the guest judge this week, and you can always get lots of yummy goodness at her site too.

16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh.. those ARE perfect! With a perfect picture to document them, too. How lucky are you to have a sister who's a pastry chef? Hey, you live pretty close to me, don't you? Hmmmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they look so good! Why, oh why did this week's theme have to be dessert?! This is bad, bad, bad for me! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look so good! And being homemade makes them even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look sooo yummy!! if i had been stuck in traffic, i don't know if i would have been able to stop at 5! good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so good! What a dangerous sister to have :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these look yummy! My MIL loves cream puffs. I have never dared attempt them, because I live in fear of her. LOL.
    Thank you so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so pretty. I am drooling. I want to be in your family. : ) A pastry chef! Perfect : )

    Brownie diet? I love Adam. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm, looks delish!! Oh, and I loveee Bakerella! Her cupcake bites always win over the crowd lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I can't believe those are homemade! Beautiful and they look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cream Puffs are my favorite... esp. if you put them in the freezer for a bit. I wish I knew how to make them! Great photo =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I might send my sister to French Pastry chef school!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I may or may not have an entire box of cream puffs in my freezer right now. For an extra fun treat, they're good dipped in melted chocolate before you pop 'em in your mouth.

    You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh...not only is that a beautiful shot; but they look so delicious!
    I spent some time browsing your blog...beautiful family and pics!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously. Adopt me into this family!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you. Thank-you for reading and interacting, and being the best!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...